Feur Ariund May 18, 2013 @ 8:53pm
How to play co-op in Brutal Doom?
I really want to play it.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Madgamer (R.I.P, dead forever) Aug 22, 2013 @ 2:41pm 
Unfortunatley you can't anymore, when SgtMrkIV released v.17, Zandronum support was lost, we will miss you Minigun,Railgun,Grenade launcher and BFG10K!
Rent a mop - Mumble Aug 26, 2013 @ 11:16pm 
Originally posted by The Madgamer:
Unfortunatley you can't anymore, when SgtMrkIV released v.17, Zandronum support was lost, we will miss you Minigun,Railgun,Grenade launcher and BFG10K!
Get your facts straight bro.

use doom seeker (bundled with zandronum and in its own folder) and do a search for "brutal". Should be about a dozen or more brutal doom servers. You can also host your own using "bestever" servers, but I have no idea how to host your own on your computer, involves a lot of port forwarding or something, I haven't been able to do it.
Arcade Goon Aug 27, 2013 @ 5:00pm 
I run a server with brutal Doom, as do many others.

Originally posted by Rent a mop:
but I have no idea how to host your own on your computer, involves a lot of port forwarding or something, I haven't been able to do it.

Its only one port, its easy onece you know how. Don't give up.
Rent a mop - Mumble Aug 28, 2013 @ 2:52pm 
Originally posted by Arcade Goon:
I run a server with brutal Doom, as do many others.

Originally posted by Rent a mop:
but I have no idea how to host your own on your computer, involves a lot of port forwarding or something, I haven't been able to do it.

Its only one port, its easy onece you know how. Don't give up.
If you would be willing to teach me, I would deeply appreciate it. I've googled the ♥♥♥♥ out of it, but it seems a bit difficult for me =/
Arcade Goon Aug 28, 2013 @ 10:43pm 
Originally posted by Rent a mop:
If you would be willing to teach me, I would deeply appreciate it. I've googled the ♥♥♥♥ out of it, but it seems a bit difficult for me =/

Are you able to get a server up and no one can see it? or can't get a server running at all?
Last edited by Arcade Goon; Aug 28, 2013 @ 11:28pm
Rent a mop - Mumble Aug 29, 2013 @ 10:16am 
I can get a server running with doom seeker, and nobody can see it. Also at times I have trouble using brutal doom, as it gives me errors trying to make a server with it, even with the same configuration as other servers. It will say something along the lines of "make sure client and server have same files"

That happens when I try to join my own server.
Last edited by Rent a mop - Mumble; Aug 29, 2013 @ 10:18am
Arcade Goon Aug 29, 2013 @ 2:50pm 
Originally posted by Rent a mop:
I can get a server running with doom seeker, and nobody can see it.
This is a port forwarding static ip issue. Are you on Win7? are you able to get to your modem settings?


Originally posted by Rent a mop:
It will say something along the lines of "make sure client and server have same files"
This is caused by there being conflicting files in your zandronum skins folder, the only mods that I have found can be in there are texture and sound mods. Remove all files from skins folder to test.
Rent a mop - Mumble Aug 29, 2013 @ 2:58pm 
Im using windows xp (yeah, I know I need to switch)

I will try that
Arcade Goon Aug 29, 2013 @ 3:02pm 
can you do this? where do you get stuck?
http://portforward.com/networking/static-xp.htm
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50