In the next update to the game, one of the new features we are introducing is Morale for Assault Teams. The next update is called “Vasilevsky” after the Soviet general Aleksandr Vasilevsky[en.wikipedia.org][www.heroesandgenerals.com]
All assault teams now have a morale value that shows how combat-ready they are. Here is one of my “Mototized Guard” units happily moving towards Warsaw. This is how it looks on the campaign map.
Morale is represented by this icon:
Below I have highlighted the morale:
Here is what could happen:
For attacking they will lose 20 morale.
If they, heavens forbid, lose the battle they will stay at that level.
But IF they, as I’d expect, win a glorious victory they will get 10 morale back.
Morale is rebuilt over time when not fighting.
IF an AT has low morale, below they are "hors de combat"[en.wikipedia.org]
and is attacked, they will surrender, losing all resources (these are then added to the winners stockpile) and they will have to be reorganized before they can deploy again.
We talked a bit about this in the devstream that you can watch below.
This is confusing! Just give me the facts!
If you just want the hard fact, see the list below :D
- 20 Morale points are spent when entering battle – for both attackers and defenders
- 10 Morale points are earned by winning – so, morale IS eaten away by constant fighting even if you win
- If Morale is below Hors de combat (25 points) and you encounter an enemy you surrender, lose all resources and must be ‘rebuilt’ to re-deploy
- If you destroy an enemy your side gain the resources they lose (added to your faction’s stockpile)
- Morale is gained over time, if the AT is not in a battle.
So like in real war you can’t keep attacking but have to stop and rest every once in a while EVEN if you win the battles..