The ‘Spaatz addon #1′ update is now live on the servers and introduces Open faction fighting, a Notification tray and more.
If you’ve been following our weekly 'Devstreams' on Twitch you might have heard us talk about an update for Spaatz, but we decided to split this into two updates: ‘Spaatz addon #1′ and ‘Spaatz addon #2′.
‘Addon #2′ will hold a new and greatly improved hit detection system[www.twitch.tv]
, as well as a few other changes for the action game - this update is being tested at the moment and will be released as soon as it has been greenlit by our QA guys. But read on to see what the new Spaatz addon #1 offers:
Open faction fighting – ability to play both factions in staged battles
It is now possible to play with soldiers from both factions in what is called ‘staged battles’. ‘Staged battles’ are evenly balanced battles in terms of resources and are disconnected from the war, so the outcome of these battle will not influence the war. Basically it’s the same as the old ‘training missions’, but now with the option of playing as either US or German soldiers, and the battle will still be the two factions fighting each other.
Before you may join battles in the war
you are asked to choose a faction which you will play with in war battles
until the war ends. These battles are not
set up to be balanced as they are created as a result of how the Officers and Generals move and manage their Assault Teams in the war, and some battles can be really challenging – but you also get to be a part of the war and to influence the outcome.
A notification tray has been added next to the chat icon, where you now will be able to get all sorts of relevant notifications. This update holds 3 types of notifications, but future updates will introduce more:
- First battle of the day bonus, which basically just tells you that you receive 4 gold for free each day after you have completed your first battle, no matter if you won or lost.
- Ammo refill and update repair costs, which tells you how much you’ve spend on auto-repair of your mods or auto-refills of ammo.
- Battle reports – you will now be able to find your recent battle reports in the notification tray.
Other fixes and tweaks
- Reinforcement costs are significantly reduced for most Assault Team types.
- You may now claim your veteran bonus for one of your previous battles, even if you’re not already a veteran member, by buying veteran membership from a battle report.
The full changelog can be found here: http://forum.heroesandgenerals.com/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=28965
The Mobile Command app moves along on its own release cycle (when at all possible). The Android version has been updated today to be compatible with Spaatz addon #1, but the new iOS version is still in Apple's review queue.