Retrovirus > General Discussions > Topic Details
^1Notton ^3Mywatch Jan 24 @ 7:08pm
Refunds?
I Just bought this game today to play it on my rift.

Framerate is horrible I can't even play.

I have a geforce690gtx bla bla bla, It's not my fault I can assure you.

Yes I know there is another Topic about framerate... it's full of people just complaining about the same issue, I don't want to join them and complain too, I just want my money back.

Please
Last edited by ^1Notton ^3Mywatch; Jan 25 @ 1:06am
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
bakedgoods27 Jan 25 @ 2:54am 
no refunds, by making this purchase you acknwledged the TOS which state that you wont get a refund no matter what
^1Notton ^3Mywatch Jan 25 @ 9:16am 
Ok then I hope they fix it.

The framerate on the ship upgrade in-menu screen is amazing... I hope they can fix the game to run always like that.

Thanks anyway.
ERROR Feb 6 @ 8:39am 
I highly doubt there's going to be any more support for this game. Developers have stopped responding even on their own forums.
Plaid Feb 6 @ 1:22pm 
That's too bad. They really could do with a massive performance fix and perhaps a daily sale to promote it, just to boost their income and player base.

Who knows, maybe they can't figure out what the problem is and they just gave up.
Last edited by Plaid; Feb 6 @ 1:24pm
<M.o.K>Samurai Jack-ing Off Feb 11 @ 10:27pm 
Framerate has been horrible since day one. I doubt a fix is incoming.
3DMightyMouse Mar 6 @ 8:03am 
Reminds of Duke Nukem Forever. They had a demo on Steam, then they removed it. Anyone who had the demo already installed would have it removed the instant they tried to play it again. It has bad input lag. That way if people didn't like the performance 3DRealms still gets paid.

Miner Wars 2081 also has bad input lag as well as low framerate, but at least they have a demo to let people know what they're getting into. BTW I think MIner Wars 2081 is a fantastic game simply plagued by poor engine performance, or perhaps even today's computers simply can't handle the sheer scale of the game where you can carve asteriods.

Regarding RetroVirus: The alpha demo is slide show city. If it isn't fair to judge by an alpha demo why not release an updated demo? Is it a slide show because there are simply too many polygons in view at one time, or due to ineffciencies of the custom engine? I don't know.
Last edited by 3DMightyMouse; Mar 18 @ 10:10am
Lord Pants May 25 @ 2:43am 
Idk what you guys are on about, I get a fluid 60fps with the game running downsampled from 3200x1800 to 1080p on my i5 and 760's.
Plaid May 28 @ 8:35pm 
Originally posted by Lord Pantaloons the 3rd of DCD:
Idk what you guys are on about, I get a fluid 60fps with the game running downsampled from 3200x1800 to 1080p on my i5 and 760's.


Thanks for not helping whatsoever.

Next...
Psychic Kitty Jun 19 @ 11:02am 
Originally posted by Plaid:
Originally posted by Lord Pantaloons the 3rd of DCD:
Idk what you guys are on about, I get a fluid 60fps with the game running downsampled from 3200x1800 to 1080p on my i5 and 760's.


Thanks for not helping whatsoever.

Next...

Not sure anyone is helping on this whine topic.

I think some people need to actualy have some better graphic cards or something.

I also get 60 fps easily on 1080p.

And i know my stuff is outdated.....i am wondering if some of the posters are the same people who post how great things like sweetfx is...and then proceed to post pictures with jaggys and washed out images.

Anywise i have no idea what the native resolution or maximum refresh on a rift is....so....not too surprised if it seams bad.....if you try to adjust something to beyond what your hardware can handle then yes you will get lag and a bad gamplay experience.
SargeSmash Jul 20 @ 4:04pm 
Clearly, some setups work better than others, and it doesn't even really seem to tie in to how powerful your graphics card is. It's a bit better than when I first got the game on my M11x R2, but it's still not great.
Pepe_DeJefe Jul 21 @ 7:31pm 
The game has always run fine on my system, but there's a loooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggg history of frame rate complaints on these boards, and reading through them back in the day, it has always looked to me like the game is extemely picky about what hardware it plays nice with. It doesn't appear to matter how good your harware is, it's just a total craps shoot as to whether the game will like your particular hardware model or combo, regardless of quality.

To me it doesn't look like people with bad cards being whiny, it looks like people who can run the game smoothly got lucky. The game just appears to have huge holes all over its hardware compatabilty.

It's a shame that the devs have pretty much given up on it. It is a pretty good game, and the map mod tools are AMAZING. I feel like literally the ony thing standing between this game and sucess is the devs inabilty/unwillingness to fix whatever keeps it from running consistantly across a large enough majoraty of systems.
Phantasmo Jul 23 @ 5:58pm 
Originally posted by ^1Notton ^3Mywatch:
I Just bought this game today to play it on my rift.

Framerate is horrible I can't even play.

I have a geforce690gtx bla bla bla, It's not my fault I can assure you.

Yes I know there is another Topic about framerate... it's full of people just complaining about the same issue, I don't want to join them and complain too, I just want my money back.

Please
I don't believe a word.
My GTX680 moves this game just fine, with awesome, incredible graphics at 2560x1440.
Plaid Jul 24 @ 3:19pm 
Originally posted by Pepe_DeJefe:
The game has always run fine on my system, but there's a loooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggggggg history of frame rate complaints on these boards, and reading through them back in the day, it has always looked to me like the game is extemely picky about what hardware it plays nice with. It doesn't appear to matter how good your harware is, it's just a total craps shoot as to whether the game will like your particular hardware model or combo, regardless of quality.

To me it doesn't look like people with bad cards being whiny, it looks like people who can run the game smoothly got lucky. The game just appears to have huge holes all over its hardware compatabilty.

It's a shame that the devs have pretty much given up on it. It is a pretty good game, and the map mod tools are AMAZING. I feel like literally the ony thing standing between this game and sucess is the devs inabilty/unwillingness to fix whatever keeps it from running consistantly across a large enough majoraty of systems.

yeah, there are people with an old dual core processor and 8800gtx cards and it runs fine maxed out.
Other people with mega machines get crappy performance, no matter what detail settings they use.

It's as if they built the game to run well on whatever they were testing it on.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50