Changes / Improvements
- Game saving, including autosave
- Hovercrafts (craftable)
- More feedback provided during Fort Defence mode
- The leech are now animatated entirely by the physics engine.
- Realtime stats shown at the top of the screen
- More stats shown on the game over popup (now with rank names!)
- On-screen damage indicator shows source of damage taken
- Re-implemented procedural weapons
- Adjusted visual effects to more closely imitate what the human eye does in extreme light conditions
- Changed the StarForge logo
- Placed turrets are now fastened in place
- The leech can now appear with a variety of stats that are reflected by colored markings on it
- Tweaked many of the costs for crafting items
- Tweaked a bunch of values on the truck to make it easier to drive
- More improvements to clouds
- Improvements to various internal architectures to help with future extensibility
- Changes to trees
- Improved performance
- Reduced memory usage
- Improved visuals
- Implemented physics
- Inventory screen now displays ALL items the player has, whether they're equipped or not.
- If an item is equipped, it is now highlighted with a different color.
- Changes to weapon audio
- The audio for the chainsaw has been revamped and made more dynamic
- Added more variety for different gun types, such as chainguns
- You can no longer respawn while you're still alive
- You must now be within a certain radius of the vat to craft items, this is shown visually when you open your inventory
- Improved performance in a variety of areas
- Available blueprints are now different depending on the game mode you are playing
- Entities on the same team take reduced damage from their teammates
- Crafting is now referred to as Forging
- Sometimes procedural weapons would make nonsensical weapons. That hasn't been removed. However, it has been lessened
- Fixed a variety of bugs in the inventory screen, most of which were fixable by closing and re-opening it
- Small fixes in visuals of procedural terrain
- Rocket/Laser turrets firing logic changed
- No longer damage the vat
- Will not shoot at a target if there is no line of sight
- Fixed a variety of network related issues
- Using the mouse wheel to scroll your inventory no longer switches weapons at the same time
- Game saving only works for single player (Fort Defence and Creative modes) right now.
- A future update will include multiplayer and infinite terrain saving functionality.
- Players wanting to host a game must not start a game beforehand, otherwise procedural weapon networking breaks. Currently only the first hosted game works properly with them.
- Terrain digging implementation not yet finished
- New trees cannot be cut down for wood yet
- Collisions with trees aren't working correctly
- Crashes can easily occur (due to running out of memory) on infinite terrain map, especially when trees are enabled
- Infinite terrain currently only available in a special singleplayer mode, available from the "Single/Multi Player" selection menu
- Vehicle gets stuck on small rocks easily
- It may be possible for a player to walk off the vat platform and fall into nothingness before the terrain has generated
- Gun turret on vehicles doesn't function
- Memory improvements aren't complete yet, more improvements coming
- Trees are broken right now, so they are disabled for this update
Also, just so everyone knows!
Game saves are stored in:
Incase you need to back them up or something.