If you already own Dawn of Fantasy
then you can activate Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars
on Steam with your existing game key - no matter if you got the key from a giveaway, bundle or retail purchase, as long as it's a valid key, you can use it.
Here's what you need to do:
1. Open the Steam client
2. Click on the "Games" menu
3. Choose the "Activate a Product on Steam" option
4. Follow the instructions and agree to the Steam Subscriber Agreement
5. Enter your current Dawn of Fantasy game key
(without the hyphens/dashes/minus sign "-") when prompted
6. Follow the prompts to begin installation
The game will then download and be ready for you to enjoy.
All your progress, towns, and achievements will carry over to your Steam installation, just log on in-game with your current username.Important thing to note is that "without dashes" bit,
Key before = xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx-xxxxx
Key after = xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
If you don't remove the dashes from your key, you'll get an "Invalid Product Code" type error.
We will be patching the game often, particularly this first month as we iron out any remaining bugs. We recommend turning on automatic updates:
- Right click on Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars name in your Library, and select Properties
- Switch to Updates tab, and select - Always keep this game up to date