Kinetic Void > General Discussions > Topic Details
ponczu Sep 8, 2013 @ 11:31am
Not yet? (IMO Worthless)
I bought this game based on opinion of my best friend and Scott Manley (he`s making youtube videos about space games [KSP, KV, EVE Online etc.]) but in my opinion it`s not ready to be bublished :| Concept is great (old-school simulator) but the lack of content is terrible. I made about 5-6 galaxies but i couldn`t find a single planet. After 3rd one i found but i wasn`t able to do something, just nothing. Anyway this game has a great potencial but it`s not ready on landing in steam early access.

Good luck with that!
Last edited by ponczu; Sep 8, 2013 @ 11:34am
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Dakili Sep 8, 2013 @ 11:43am 
Originally posted by amper:
I bought this game based on opinion of my best friend and Scott Manley (he`s making youtube videos about space games [KSP, KV, EVE Online etc.]) but in my opinion it`s not ready to be bublished :| Concept is great (old-school simulator) but the lack of content is terrible. I made about 5-6 galaxies but i couldn`t find a single planet. After 3rd one i found but i wasn`t able to do something, just nothing. Anyway this game has a great potencial but it`s not ready on landing in steam early access.

Good luck with that!

That's why it's called Early Acess. It's not yet done.
TheBasking Sep 8, 2013 @ 6:48pm 
Lets see you make a game like this.
iTraumatik Sep 8, 2013 @ 7:56pm 
This is exactly what early access program is for, alpha and beta games for users that understand that they are testers to give feedback and bug reports to the developers and also give wishlist features to be added. In a way it does suck that we test for free but then also sometimes our ideas/changes make it into the game to improve it, which in my opinion is fine in some cases.
ponczu Sep 9, 2013 @ 7:21am 
@quiksand101 I didn`t say that this game suck. Let`s see you read more carefully ;)

@everybodyelse I know what`s the point of Early Access program is for (i own two games from there) but sometimes the is not ready to be published here. Let`s take a look on Take On Mars, this game is not ready in graphic (thrusters, animations of them) but it`s ready (almost) in gameplay, you have quests and stuff. Kinetic Void has no gameplay (ex. building a spaceship)
That`s way i am gonna wait till the new year and see what was changed.
AtomicWoodchuck Sep 13, 2013 @ 11:18pm 
Originally posted by quiksand101:
Lets see you make a game like this.

Don't be absurd

I wouldn't know where to start building a car, but I can categorically tell you that the 1985 Skoda Estelle is a very poor motor vehicle in comparison to the vast majority of cars on the market.

There is a difference between being a consumer and producing goods, but that doesn't mean consumers aren't able to form a valid opinion.

That said, the game is clearly in a pre-release state, so any expectation of it being bug-free, and ready to play out of the box are totally unrealistic.
Last edited by AtomicWoodchuck; Sep 14, 2013 @ 1:53pm
Vurucore Sep 14, 2013 @ 7:36am 
Originally posted by amper:
@everybodyelse I know what`s the point of Early Access program is for (i own two games from there) but sometimes the is not ready to be published here. Let`s take a look on Take On Mars, this game is not ready in graphic (thrusters, animations of them) but it`s ready (almost) in gameplay, you have quests and stuff. Kinetic Void has no gameplay (ex. building a spaceship)
That`s way i am gonna wait till the new year and see what was changed.

It doesn't matter in what state the game is, an alpha is an alpha, meaning the game is incomplete in various aspects including gameplay, other games being more complete doesn't mean anything, in the end they're all games that are still indev and that's what matters.

You say you know what Early Access is for but you obviously don't if you think this game shouldn't be in it, it's exactly for incomplete indev games like these that Early Access was made for, the earlier the better because the game gets more user feedback earlier in development instead of letting the developers make mistakes that they'll then have to waste time fixing.

This is the problem with the recent trend of allowing people in early versions of games, we get people that completely miss the point of Early Access and come ♥♥♥♥♥ing that the game isn't ready, well no ♥♥♥♥ing ♥♥♥♥ it isn't ready.
Spazmatism Sep 14, 2013 @ 2:18pm 
Originally posted by amper:
@quiksand101 I didn`t say that this game suck. Let`s see you read more carefully ;)
Originally posted by amper:
Not yet? (IMO Worthless)
ponczu Sep 14, 2013 @ 2:37pm 
@up there is a diffrence betwen crap and worthless...
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 8, 2013 @ 11:31am
Posts: 8