Kinetic Void > General Discussions > Topic Details
Ass Ketchup Sep 1, 2013 @ 12:28pm
This is criminal.
There is nothing to play. Why would Steam distribute this garbage? Why is there no quality control on this distribution service? I want my money back. For all of you prospective buyers of this game, stay away.
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
Th3Br3w Sep 1, 2013 @ 12:31pm 
look at it this way...... it's in alpha and you just bought it for 1/4 the price they will charge those who didn't buy it this early..... just don't play it for a few months and come back when more content has been released for testing and play..... simple... I just bought this game for 6 bucks and will play it to familiarize myself with some of it and then wait for more content...... 20 bucks saved YAY!
Dakili Sep 1, 2013 @ 12:39pm 
Originally posted by My Little Priapism:
There is nothing to play. Why would Steam distribute this garbage? Why is there no quality control on this distribution service? I want my money back. For all of you prospective buyers of this game, stay away.

The little blue banner under the game on the steam store page says: Early alpha. Might need to read before buying stuff. Your own fault.
Rectus Dominus Sep 1, 2013 @ 4:02pm 
steam distributes this "garbage" so that the game dev's get funding for developing the game and feedback to help fix bugs and get advice on what to add,you should be ♥♥♥♥ing glad that there are game developers that do this, so they can make a better cleaner game instead of spending one year to make a ♥♥♥♥ty clone game like most developers are doing now
Fabreeze Sep 1, 2013 @ 10:33pm 
It's in alpha stage right now.
As in before beta.
As in not even close to finished.
W0LFsR4G3 Sep 1, 2013 @ 11:42pm 
What can I say? The ship construction to start off with doesn't work worth a damn, so if I can't make a ship due to the damn thing drifting all over while trying to attach parts (which can't be re-oriented into a direction other than default wrong ways) wtf is the point of putting this up for Greenlight? Throw money at 'em and hope it gets better? There should be at least minimal playability before this ♥♥♥♥ hits the store like it's good to go. Instead, this is useless until (or unless) it gets any real effort put forth towards making it playable. ♥♥♥♥ off to all the apologists.
Talamare Sep 2, 2013 @ 12:59am 
Originally posted by W0LFsR4G3:
What can I say? The ship construction to start off with doesn't work worth a damn, so if I can't make a ship due to the damn thing drifting all over while trying to attach parts (which can't be re-oriented into a direction other than default wrong ways) wtf is the point of putting this up for Greenlight? Throw money at 'em and hope it gets better? There should be at least minimal playability before this ♥♥♥♥ hits the store like it's good to go. Instead, this is useless until (or unless) it gets any real effort put forth towards making it playable. ♥♥♥♥ off to all the apologists.

The ship design function of the game is fairly playable. If you want you can consider a ship design game for $6
W0LFsR4G3 Sep 2, 2013 @ 2:16am 
After fighting the ship design systems horrible drifting for an absurd amount of time got something put together. Then when I start finally flying it, the ship drifts to starboard constantly for an unknown reason- and yes the ship is totally symmetrical.
W0LFsR4G3 Sep 2, 2013 @ 2:26am 
The lighting and textures look good, but if there is anything in the way of a beginners guide to piloting and controls it would be a boon to the game for it to be prominently posted.
ShortyDevil of Etherian <3 Sep 2, 2013 @ 2:35am 
Dude, it's in alpha, for God's sake...
PV2 Collins [4th ID] Sep 2, 2013 @ 7:22am 
Originally posted by W0LFsR4G3:
The lighting and textures look good, but if there is anything in the way of a beginners guide to piloting and controls it would be a boon to the game for it to be prominently posted.

maybe if you looked at the pinned Discussions you'd have noticed that they have a ship control/game control guide already posted!
xRUINx Forbidlich Sep 2, 2013 @ 9:07am 
maybe you should stop crying about it and realize that you paid for it it is a early alpha and it is not complete so instead of being a problem be a solution to the problem tell the devs this is what i am having trouble with and stop ♥♥♥♥♥ing about everything and demanding a refund
Ryan "Ryu" Jackson Sep 2, 2013 @ 12:58pm 
You've got to be kidding me. I bought this, knowing full well that it was an alpha, and I love it! I've built about 15 different scale ships, flown them all around the cosmos, had some fun fighting and some fun running - I really don't know what your problem is. You buy an alpha, you get an alpha. Quit your whining.
FunnyFarm Sep 2, 2013 @ 5:06pm 
Originally posted by Th3Br3w:
look at it this way...... it's in alpha and you just bought it for 1/4 the price they will charge those who didn't buy it this early..... just don't play it for a few months and come back when more content has been released for testing and play..... simple... I just bought this game for 6 bucks and will play it to familiarize myself with some of it and then wait for more content...... 20 bucks saved YAY!

Well said.
ChaosShadow00x Sep 2, 2013 @ 11:53pm 
I'm totally in favor of OP's opinion. This ♥♥♥♥ isnt even alpha, its a barely releasable state. It doesnt DO anything. Want an example of an alpha done right? Look at KSP. Or at least be forward about it like Prison Architect. Both of which are more 'playable' than this thing.

If the devs at least had the balls to say "hey, the only thing really worth looking at is the ship building and cool light/shading atm, and even thats sketchy and broken", people would have a lot less to complain about. Right now, they make it sound like theres actually ♥♥♥♥ to do, but theres not. Combat is 100% broken, 50 turrets firing on the same thing still cant hit ♥♥♥♥, thats even if they fire. Controls are wonky at best. The ship building, the most complete feature, is glitchy. Theres nothing beyond that.

So how many years before its actually in a "playable" state? Because theres nothing to play. Steam needs to stop allowing these broken money grab of "alphas" onto the market that have no substence, or shove them into some sub section of broken toys that dont get mixed in with the stuff actually worth looking at. I like the idea, its a cool concept, but i dont see this turning out any better than Star Forge, which showed, scooped as much money as they could from people, and disappeared.
SporkofDeath Sep 3, 2013 @ 2:17am 
Except that what's "worth looking at" is a total judgement call on the part of whoever's looking. As has been shown by the majority of posts in this thread, not everyone agrees with you.
Showing 1-15 of 46 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 1, 2013 @ 12:28pm
Posts: 46