Please read before posting an issue!! - Developer Support: Common issues (Updated 18/07/2013)
This thread is being kept up to date with the latest common issues. Please check everything here before contacting support or posting in this forum.
If you haven't done so already, please can you check the following to see if they resolve your problem:
1. Check that your PC meets the minimum system requirements (Most importantly: Vista or Windows 7 only, plus a Direct X 10 capable graphics card. Specs below!).
2. Ensure that the Steam Client is running prior to running the game.
3. Check that you are running the latest Graphics and Sound drivers for your system plus the latest Direct X drivers for your system.
4. Verify the local game cache to ensure you have all the correct files: https://support.steampow....php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335
Titan Card Users
There used to be a problem with Nvidia Titan cards and the Advanced Shadows feature. Nvidia have now fixed this issue, so please update your drivers if you find you can’t run the game with Advanced Shadows turned on.
A new command line option was added allowing users to specify a refresh rate they’d like to use instead of the default setting. The engine will still use the closest matching reported frequency to this suggestion, so you don’t need an exact number. The command line option takes the form:
Where number is the suggested refresh rate in hz. So for example, “-hz=60” is the default 60hz setting, and “-hz=120” will tell the game to use the nearest setting to 120hz.
Connection Timed Out
A simple reset of your Router and PC may resolve this issue so please try this before configuring any ports.
This may be a problem with certain Steam ports being restricted on your router/firewall. Please read this
steam FAQ with information about specific ports that may need configured.
Failed to initialize d3d11 error 0
This could be a driver related issue, could you please make sure you:
- Update your Direct X 11
- Update your graphics drivers
- Update you sound drivers
80% of the problems fixed so far have been driver related, so make sure you keep these update to date.
If you are still having issues after updating your drivers please could you send us your DxDiag so we can look into this issue further.
If you are experiencing large frame rate drops, please make sure you have set your advanced graphical options to the following:
Texture Detail: LOW
Shadow Detail: LOW
Draw Distance: LOW
Anisotropic Filtering: OFF
Advanced Shadows: OFF
Motion Blur: UNTICKED
Ambient Occlusion: UNTICKED
Use Compute Shaders: UNTICKED
Reduce Mouse Lag: UNTICKED
These settings will make sure that the game will run at the lowest possible settings available. If you are still having issues after setting your display options to the lowest, please check your all your drivers are fully updated (Graphics, Sounds and Direct X).
Minimum System Requirements
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista (Service Pack 2), Windows 7 or Windows 8 (Windows XP is NOT Supported)
Processor: Dual-core CPU with SSE3 (Intel Pentium D 3GHz / AMD Athlon 64 x2 4200) or better
Hard Disk Space: 5GB of Free drive space
Video Card: Microsoft DirectX 10.0 compatible graphics card with 256MB of memory (NVIDIA GeForce 8800 series / ATI Radeon HD 3870) or better
Sound: Microsoft DirectX 10 compatible sound card or better
DirectX: Microsoft DirectX 11.0
Running Direct X Diagnostic Tool (DxDiag)
1. Click the Start menu and in the ‘Search Programs and Files’ or ‘Run’ field type ‘dxdiag’, then hit the enter key.
2. This will start the diagnostic tool and it will scan your PC. When it finishes click the button which says ‘Save All Information...’ and save the text file to a location on your desktop.
3. Attach the file to a reply to this email if you haven't sent it already.
We've had a few people report problems which have turned out to be because a laptop has more than one graphics chipset (usually a low-end one built in to the motherboard, and a fast one in an expansion slot), and the game attempts to use the wrong graphics chipset and crashes.
The solutions to this problem vary depending on your system and graphics card, but here are the common ways to set your system to force it to use the best graphics chip for the game.
1) Open the control panel for your graphics card (most have an icon in your system tray, or right-click on your desktop and look for a graphics control panel option there).
2) Check under 3D settings, and make sure your best graphics chipset is set as the preferred chipset if there is an option available.
1) Exit Steam entirely using the 'Exit' link on the 'Steam' menu (not just the close button in the top-right corner of the Steam window).
2) Right-click on the 'Steam' shortcut you use to launch Steam (on your desktop, taskbar, or start menu, depending on where you have it), and look for an option that says something like 'Run with graphics processor...' and allows you to choose which graphics chipset to use.
3) Choose your best graphics chipset.
4) Launch Steam, then launch the demo as normal.
Method three (NVidia):
1) Click on the Windows icon on the bottom left hand corner.
2) Click on Control Panel on the right-hand side of the menu.
3) Click on Nvidia Control Panel.
4) Expand the 3D Settings tab by clicking on the "+" sign on the left-hand side of 3D Settings.
5) Click on Manage 3D Settings.
6) Choose High-performance NVIDIA processor under the Preferred graphics processor option.
7) Save the new settings.
If none of these methods work or you don't have these options please contact us, include as many details as you can about the make and model of your laptop and graphics hardware, and we'll investigate further and try to help.
Laptops with Intel graphics
According to the Intel website the latest version is 22.214.171.12412.
You should be able to find downloads and instructions for installing updated the driver on your system at http://downloadcenter.intel.com/
If it tells you that you cannot use these drivers because your system manufacturer has updated ones, you can try to find updated ones on your manufacturer website, however if the latest ones there are still over a year old, the game may not play.
The last thing you can try is following the instructions on the Intel website here to install the latest generic drivers: http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-022355.htm
Follow the instructions at the bottom of the page for the Work-around, the exact instructions depends on your operating system but typically involves:
1. Finding the driver .zip file.
2. Extracting the drivers manually using a .zip program.
3. Using the 'Install with a disk' method of driver installation.
Sniper Elite: Nazi Zombie Army will not be available or playable in Germany because some Nazi era symbols in the game do not comply with current German law. Like many games publishers and developers, we’re monitoring the legal situation closely and will try to work with the German authorities where we can, while at the same time respecting their legal process.
If you wish to make a request for a change/refund of your purchase for any reason, please contact the merchant that sold you your copy of the game.
If none of these have worked for you, or you are seeing something else entirely, please email us at:
firstname.lastname@example.orgPlease provide the following information:
1. Attach your Direct X Diagnostics File in a response to this email (Instructions below) .
2. Your Name.
3. Details of where you bought the game.
2. When the issue occurred.
3. Any error messages you saw or heard when the game crashed.
4. Your Steam ID. This allows us to grab any crash dump files associated with your problems from Steam directly.