Papo & Yo

Papo & Yo

View Stats:
Papo & Yo > General Discussions > Topic Details
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Minority Media  [developer] Aug 3, 2013 @ 8:44am
Thank you for playing Papo & Yo!
Ever since the launch of our first game, Papo & Yo, last April, we've witnessed a constant inflow of great vibes from the PC gaming community. As a small team consisting of many PC gaming enthusiasts, very few pleasures compare to the elation of having the support of our own people, and for that we are deeply grateful!

It's always a great pleasure to read your comments, discussions, debates and questions, to admire your in-game screenshots and artwork, and to know that you are sharing Papo & Yo with your friends and family. We especially appreciate your inspiring discussions on the artistic value of video games, and your patience and understanding in our efforts to answer your questions in as helpful a manner as possible.

So, on behalf of our creative director, Vander Caballero, our lead engineer and CTO, Julien Barnoin, as well as the entire Minority team, thank you for playing Papo & Yo!
Last edited by Minority Media; Aug 4, 2013 @ 10:29am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 94 comments
cryptochrist Aug 3, 2013 @ 9:48am 
@ Minority Media....

I played it on the PS3 and I fell in love with it. But on the PC with HD-GFX its even a better experience.
This game leaves me speechless!!!!!!!
Looking forward to your next project.
egni Aug 3, 2013 @ 11:10am 
No, thank you for making it! It is a beautiful little game.
Shagittarius Aug 3, 2013 @ 1:19pm 
Congratulations on a wonderful game. I think it's only fair to let you know it was the first game to ever make me cry.
(CTS) President Aug 3, 2013 @ 2:51pm 
Thank you so much for this game. I was absolutely floored by the experience. I am definitely going to get my friends and family to experience this as well.
✟Shihoka✟ Aug 3, 2013 @ 7:03pm 
Thanks for the game , it is fantastic
Minority Julien  [developer] Aug 4, 2013 @ 8:04am 
Hi guys, just wanted to drop a line as well to say thanks for playing. It's exciting to have lots of new people come to the game.
Doing a PC conversion was important to me, so I personally handled the port and tried to get it as good as possible. I hope you enjoy it.

There's always compatibility issues to watch out for on the PC, so it's hard to get it perfect for absolutely everyone, and I can see a few people mentioning issues. I'll be watching the forums and will try to get things to work for as many people as possible.

Of course if you want to see more games like this from us, be sure to spread the word :)
Thanks for your support !
Minority Media  [developer] Aug 4, 2013 @ 10:17am 
Originally posted by cryptochrist:
@ Minority Media....

I played it on the PS3 and I fell in love with it. But on the PC with HD-GFX its even a better experience.
This game leaves me speechless!!!!!!!
Looking forward to your next project.

Thank you! :) This is our next project, it's called Silent Enemy :) http://youtu.be/RUZZ84nrO3o
Minority Media  [developer] Aug 4, 2013 @ 10:26am 
Originally posted by Shagittarius:
Congratulations on a wonderful game. I think it's only fair to let you know it was the first game to ever make me cry.

Thank you :) This is the kind of experience that fuels our determination to continue in this kind of storytelling!
Minority Media  [developer] Aug 4, 2013 @ 10:27am 
Originally posted by (CTS) President:
Thank you so much for this game. I was absolutely floored by the experience. I am definitely going to get my friends and family to experience this as well.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with those you love :)
Thanticore Aug 4, 2013 @ 11:07am 
Just finished the game after threatening to buy it for months. What an emotional ride it is towards the end. Leave me wondering what the inspiration was behind it? I know it seems rather obvious but I want to know whose story it is. I would also love to know how they feel now, having made the game. Did the person also let monster fall to the abyss?
Minority Media  [developer] Aug 4, 2013 @ 11:53am 
Originally posted by Thanticore:
Just finished the game after threatening to buy it for months. What an emotional ride it is towards the end. Leave me wondering what the inspiration was behind it? I know it seems rather obvious but I want to know whose story it is. I would also love to know how they feel now, having made the game. Did the person also let monster fall to the abyss?

Hi Thanticore, thank you for playing Papo & Yo. :) This game is based on Vander Caballero's (our creative director) relationship with his alcoholic father. Making the game was a way to close the healing process after letting go of someone who does not want to help themselves get better.
I have to say, that me and my 4 year old son loved playing this. Very moving thing for me to understand it's premise however, and to see how that was translated into the game in such an innovative, metaphorical way. Once I saw the opening statement upon starting the game, I felt that I couldnt continue without getting my phone out and googling 'papo & yo developer biography', because I needed to know what that statement meant. in reflection to the interview I read, about the childhood issues that the developer faced, I feel it was nothing short of bold to challenge such memories in this way. The end made me feel relieved in a way, but after reading some background info on the developer, I couldn't detach that from the game anymore, which is why I was very sad to see what Papo did to Yo. Very moving for me, and I've never had a game make me think like that before. Not what I expected at all, and I felt that I wanted to pay much more for this game. The game itself is wonderful to play, bug free and very solid. Thanks for sharing that with us!!
Minority Media  [developer] Aug 5, 2013 @ 7:19am 
Originally posted by GUYonaBUFFALO:
I have to say, that me and my 4 year old son loved playing this. Very moving thing for me to understand it's premise however, and to see how that was translated into the game in such an innovative, metaphorical way. Once I saw the opening statement upon starting the game, I felt that I couldnt continue without getting my phone out and googling 'papo & yo developer biography', because I needed to know what that statement meant. in reflection to the interview I read, about the childhood issues that the developer faced, I feel it was nothing short of bold to challenge such memories in this way. The end made me feel relieved in a way, but after reading some background info on the developer, I couldn't detach that from the game anymore, which is why I was very sad to see what Papo did to Yo. Very moving for me, and I've never had a game make me think like that before. Not what I expected at all, and I felt that I wanted to pay much more for this game. The game itself is wonderful to play, bug free and very solid. Thanks for sharing that with us!!

Thank you so much for taking time to write down your impressions and experience with Papo & Yo! It's amazing to know that you played it with your son. :) What did he think of the game?
Originally posted by Minority Media:
Originally posted by GUYonaBUFFALO:
I have to say, that me and my 4 year old son loved playing this. Very moving thing for me to understand it's premise however, and to see how that was translated into the game in such an innovative, metaphorical way. Once I saw the opening statement upon starting the game, I felt that I couldnt continue without getting my phone out and googling 'papo & yo developer biography', because I needed to know what that statement meant. in reflection to the interview I read, about the childhood issues that the developer faced, I feel it was nothing short of bold to challenge such memories in this way. The end made me feel relieved in a way, but after reading some background info on the developer, I couldn't detach that from the game anymore, which is why I was very sad to see what Papo did to Yo. Very moving for me, and I've never had a game make me think like that before. Not what I expected at all, and I felt that I wanted to pay much more for this game. The game itself is wonderful to play, bug free and very solid. Thanks for sharing that with us!!

Thank you so much for taking time to write down your impressions and experience with Papo & Yo! It's amazing to know that you played it with your son. :) What did he think of the game?
Well, I'm quite proud that he figured out so many of the puzzles completely unaided. He is only four years old :) He doesn't get to play games much, but I bought papo & Yo with both of us in mind, although he did pass me the xbox controller as if it was a hot potato everytime papo ate a frog and got angry. It is quite visuallly impressive, as we're running it on a pretty nice PC and michael often mentioned how "cool" it looks, especially in various scenarios, as did I. He absolutely loved picking up the blocks that moved a house in-sync (im sure you know the part im referring to) He has two favourite games now, this one, and fall of cybertron. I prefer this one for him because he has taken a lot more from the game than he ever would from a game such as fall of cybertron hehe. I'm very pro-games for the young (in moderation) because I honestly believe that they encourage children to be much more logical in thought without having to push them to try, since it is extremely fun, and kind of, in a language they understand. My wife watched us play the final few puzzles, and being reasonabley fond of games herself, she is going to play it. I told her about the inspiration behind the game and she was very surprised about that. You are probably aware of what kids can be like, they are very repetetive, and can do things over and over again, which is why he keeps asking me if he can play "Papo Yo" as he calls it again, but I must remain responsible and restrict his game time :) although, im an avid gamer and play games every day.

I'd like to add that the puzzle's weren't easy to the point that a 'four year old' found them easy, my son is very advanced for his age, and I did give him little hints along the way :)
Last edited by SuperCabbageThruster; Aug 5, 2013 @ 1:41pm
zainraza Aug 5, 2013 @ 10:25am 
I finished this yesterday and immediately replayed it which is very rare for me to do with a game. I enjoyed how simple it was to follow but also had a deeper meaning. The representations I felt were perfect with Monster especially and its amazing (and a little scary) to follow what Vander went through in game form.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 94 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Papo & Yo > General Discussions > Topic Details