We're happy to report that the migration of the online service for Lost Planet 3 (PC Version) is nearing completion, and a downloadable update is scheduled to go live on Steam this Thursday, July 10th at 1:00am PT. The migration to a new server will unfortunately reset MULTIPLAYER leaderboards and the CINEMATIC GALLERY. CAMPAIGN difficulty will also default to Normal difficulty.
Please note that Item Sphere related achievements for which the unlock conditions have already been met in the current save data, will be unlocked upon importing the save data to Steam Cloud and accessing the Item Sphere. Campaign related achievements, including those related to difficulty will need to be acquired by replaying through the campaign. We apologize for any inconvenience.
For those Lost Planet 3 users who already have Save Data and would like to take advantage of the Steam Cloud and Steam Achievements, please follow these instructions for importing Save Data to Steam Cloud.
1. Right click on Lost Planet 3 under the Steam Library.
2. Select properties.
3. Select SET LAUNCH OPTIONS from the GENERAL tab.
4. Enter the following line without quotes, and then select OK.
5. Start Lost Planet 3.
6. Select MULTIPLAYER from the main menu.
7. Confirm that your data has been imported via RECORDS in the MULTIPLAYER menu, or the Progression Sphere in a game lobby.
8. Upon confirmation, select EXIT GAME.
9. Erase the line entered in Step 4.
Note, Steam Cloud data will continue to be overwritten by previous save data upon starting the game if this line is not erased.
10. Start Lost Planet 3.
* Step 4 line example and notes:
1. In an example in which the GameSpy profile name is “Capcom”, the line to be entered without quotes is “ImportGS=Capcom.profile”.
2. Please take care to enter all capital and lower case letters properly.
3. For those users who wish to confirm their GameSpy profile name, it can be found as a GameSpyProfileName.profile file in the following local address: