Why I prefer War z (Infestation) over Day Z.
1. Day Z is a mod.. it will always only be a mod to Arma.
a. even the standalone is still beig built with the arma engine... i will make judgements on it when/if i see it.
2. War Z is a fully packaged game built within its own container.. All servers pulic/private are linked to a single hive.
3. Day Z has tons of servers that WILL lead you to a countless number of different hives... thus breaking character continuity across servers.
1. Jumping! - War Z all the way.
a. Day Z only uses a stopping leg up maneuver that is likely to get you killed.
2. Rolling - Day Z
a. Rolling is non-existent in War Z.
1. Both Games Appear to be graphically equal providing a full spectrum of visual enhancements to the game.
1. 3D Sound appears to be efficiently dispensed in Day Z.
1. Both games seem equal.. with Day Z having head swivel.
1. Day Z (being a mod) has countless servers.. all of which could be running various forms, versions, mods of the main mod.
2. War Z offers a long list of official servers, private servers... (test and premium servers coming soon.)
1. Day Z uses Battleye.
2. War Z uses Punkbuster, which has the better track record.
1. Intuitive working inventory with War Z.
2. War Z has a global and clan inventory system.
3. Day Z inventory is a cumulative mess.
1. War Z has a clan and party system to team up with friends.
1. War Z has VOIP.
2. Day Z sometimes allows VOIP.
3. War Z has 4 text chat channels always up for use.
4. Day Z somtimes allows text chat.
1. Plenty of variety in both games..
a. some argue Day Z has too many gun drops.
b. some argue War Z has too few gun drops.
2. Customizable weapons in War Z with optional attachment drops.
1. Several Melee weapons exist in War Z, plus the starting flashlight is also a melee weapon.
2. Day Z has only a broken "scripted 1 meter sniper" hatchet.
1. Day Z has a bigger map
a. this is either a plus or minus depending on how much you want to run.
2. War Z map is in English.. the only language that matters.
1. Day Z has vehicles...
2. War Z is scheduled to have vehicles with the next map release.
1. War Z has safe zones with Merchant and Vault NPC's.
1. Day Z utilizes a 1 character system... male or female model.
a. instant respawn on Day Z after death.
2. War Z gives you 5 characters to play... with multiple models/skins to choose from.
a. 1 hour cooldown on War Z after character death.
3. War Z characters earn XP and in game currency in game.
1. War Z offers a multi-tiered skill tree to spend XP on for buffs to the character.
1. Day Z has an abundant loot table... Generally the player tends to leave behind more than they can carry.
2. War Z has a low threshold on loot.. forcing the player to scavenge and ration more ... (seems more realiztic to me.)
a. i would prefer to see a bit more ammo drops in War Z.
1. War Z offers a marketplace with "real money" transactions to buy amenities, such as backpacks, melee weapons, food, ammo, etc...
a. Gun are NOT sold within the marketplace... all guns must be found as drops in game.
1. War Z zombies near perfect killing machines.
2. Day Z zombies are very clearly broken in every way possible.....
Having played both games EXTENSIVELY..... Given the option I would play War Z anyday over Day Z. It takes a special type of gamer to enjoy a "sandbox" game in the first place. Its a game without levels, quests, dungeons, and gearscores.. A game without airstrikes, attack choppers, or drones. The player is required to devise their own enjoyable gaming experience, usually found within communities carving out a playable existence within the zombie riddled landscape. Through all of the ridicule, the game still sells very well on STEAM
and the servers stay populated.