Kare (SWE) Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:00am
Why do people still defend this?
I just don't get why people defend this piece of *****.
First of all, Hammerpoint Interactive outright lied that this was a finished product when it came on Steam along with that almost none of the features shown on the game's store page were in the game along with fake screenshots that depict zombie behaviour that isn't in the game along with locations that also aren't in there.
Then there's also the treatment a lot of gamers got from the devs when they asked for their money back, Hammerpoint Interactive actually threatened players with either physical violence or to be put on a black list with Paypal or any other service, which they're not allowed to do as the consumer laws in the EU and US state.
And of course, who can forget Sergey Titov's attitude towards everyone who stated that the company lied?
He called us idiots more or less and that we "misread" the feature's list on Steam, even when he was faced with a screenshot of the original feature's list before it was changed.
It just baffles me that people are so blinded by this.
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
General Fredrik Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:03am 
I think I know why.[en.wikipedia.org]
Kare (SWE) Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:05am 
Originally posted by General Fredrik:
I think I know why.[en.wikipedia.org]

Most likely, General Fredrik.
But it is so tragic to see so many young gamers be fooled into this.
Atleast we stood up against them and got it off Steam, for the time being.
I would rather though see the game completely and utterly removed from the web along with the company being sued and out of business for their questionable ethics.
Skyforger Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:09am 
I really am not sure, but it's gotten real bad, especially in the gaming/tech industries.
People get really attached to their games/products these days.
Can't believe they defend this even after all the lies and fraud and hacking. It only hurts us as a gaming community more, as it promotes these terrible developers to keep doing said behaviour.

Same with that ubisoft game, forget the name of it, recenlty came to steam. Was an action adventure, and the leader didn't want to bring it to us and called us all theiving pirates. But people still buy it and defend them.
Wake up people, defending thetr actions doesn't get you brownie points with them.
Last edited by Skyforger; Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:09am
NiP FiffIaren (Banned) Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:12am 
why are people still saying bad stuff about his game? havent we already heard from the reviews and a few days after the release of this? go play call of duty or tf2 or wat ever you play and have fun with that game! Dont people have opinions of wat game is good and wat is bad?
Skyforger Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:14am 
Because there is plenty of bad stuff to say, but no good.
Kare (SWE) Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:15am 
Originally posted by Skyforger:
I really am not sure, but it's gotten real bad, especially in the gaming/tech industries.
People get really attached to their games/products these days.
Can't believe they defend this even after all the lies and fraud and hacking. It only hurts us as a gaming community more, as it promotes these terrible developers to keep doing said behaviour.

Same with that ubisoft game, forget the name of it, recenlty came to steam. Was an action adventure, and the leader didn't want to bring it to us and called us all theiving pirates. But people still buy it and defend them.
Wake up people, defending thetr actions doesn't get you brownie points with them.

Perhaps its Call of Juarez: The Cartel you speak of?
Grim Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:25am 
1) Trolls. Feel like starting an online ♥♥♥♥♥torm today? Just go into the closest forum and start a thread called "War Z is amazing!".

2) Regardless of business practices, they enjoy an open world deathmatch shooter.
James Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:36am 
Originally posted by General Fredrik:
I think I know why.[en.wikipedia.org]

Did you mean to link this[en.wikipedia.org] instead?
Cronik Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:38am 
Because the bottom line is it's a fun game, the majority of gamers luv anything zombie and this genre is very exciting and new.
James Jan 16, 2013 @ 12:18pm 
Originally posted by Cronik (DDC):
Because the bottom line is it's a fun game, the majority of gamers luv anything zombie and this genre is very exciting and new.

I also think people forget there is a difference between enjoying the game and defending the devs.
MrGusty Jan 16, 2013 @ 12:46pm 
Your mom's a piece of ♥♥♥♥
Zukureneno (ズクレネノ) Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:22pm 
Why defend it? Easy cause people make Topics of hate
Why hate it? Easy cause people make topics of love

Haters - Why come to a Forum of a game you hate? Just don't look at it its easy
Tip: Make a Folder on steam that Says Games i hate and not look at : and put the game inside and hide it you won't see it again.

And if you don't own the game why even bother to come here??

Lovers: Why come to the Forum when its full with hate? Just play the game and ignore them .

But its impossible cause theres Trolls on both sides.

We already know about the lies or non lies or w.e; theres no need to keep at it its a old story everyone heard about it already.

Regardless what people say about lies or not ; People have there own taste If they like this game (crap or not crap game) in there opinion they will still play it cause they like it or the opposite ; So dont bother to keep posting stuff like this already.....
Micket Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:28pm 
Originally posted by General Fredrik:
I think I know why.[en.wikipedia.org]
Rofl, i'm happy now. :D
Siresly Jan 16, 2013 @ 1:38pm 
The game's not appalling rubbish impossible to like. Just sort of middling, basic, unfinished, janky and missing lots of stuff. Some manage to find $15 worth of entertainment in it. Fair enough.

Everything else surrounding it though is just hopeless.
James Jan 16, 2013 @ 2:03pm 
Originally posted by VibratingDonkey:
The game's not appalling rubbish impossible to like. Just sort of middling, basic, unfinished, janky and missing lots of stuff. Some manage to find $15 worth of entertainment in it. Fair enough.

Everything else surrounding it though is just hopeless.

Since when were you totally reasonable
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 16, 2013 @ 11:00am
Posts: 26