What's stopping you from buying the game?
Okay, So I've been around here for a while, jumped on the band wagon of hate for this game/devs etc, Now I am looking for a serious discussion regarding it.
What is stopping you from buying this game for those who haven't, I mean it is clear there are many factors, the main ones being
- Lack of game/features
- High usage of hackers lack of Anti-Cheat software
- Developer/Mods Attitutde and large banning/take no ♥♥♥♥, censorship, dictatorship regime
- Lies/lies and more lies, the features advertised, not included and advertised as released when in a a condition barely fit for Alpha
For me personally, I was excited for the game, looking forward to it and the features, Yes I played DayZ, I enjoyed it (haven't played it in some time) but I love the Survival Genre as a whole and who doesn't love Zombies,
I saw the game advertised and read into the initial features and felt it looked promising but I never buy games straight off, I always wait for a well thought out reviews and general attitude towards it.
So I was actually about to buy the game, I didn't mind it was in general alpha state, it was lacking features then the turd storm hit and everything came flooding out, the defining factors for me on what stopped me buying the game is the Dev/Mods and the Lies
Firstly, the Devs attitude to the game is simply appalling, whilst it is in generally a alpha state with their past performances and research I have done I would not trust them to polish the product into a saleable item. they never did so with War. Inc or the other games they made. Also the fact, with how this has gone down, can I truly expect to be able to run this game after six months, I mean it is clear it doesn't look like it is set to last. Will they keep the servers online, I don't know, would they release the software so people can run their own servers, I don't think so.
So for me, three simple reasons to sum it up,
- I don't trust the devs to keep developing the game into a steady, polished product
- I don't trust the devs to keep the game alive longer than six or seven months, without cashing out and running
- I don't wish to pay money to people who boarder on criminal activities
if I was convinced the first two issues could be dealt with and were, I might consider buying, the game itself isn't my problem here, it is those who are producing it, just too untrustworthy,
So to make this thread have a point, in short, what are your reasons for not buying.