My opinion of WarZ
First, I am not going to presume to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't buy. My advice is that if you can afford it, try both The War Z and DayZ and see which you like the most. You may like DayZ. You may like The War Z. No one will know except you.
However, I've seen a lot of negative opinions flooding this forum so I'm posting a more positive one.
Why I like WarZ:
1. I love the clan/party system. If it's in DayZ, I guess I can't find it.
2. The controls are a lot easier to figure out. I can't express how nice that is.
3. The game loads faster and the overlay/stat/health screen is better in WarZ. More of the screen is freed up to actually see the game and your surroundings.
4. I usually spawn in safer areas than in DayZ. Thus I live longer.
5. Easier to find food, weapons & misc. items. Thus I live longer.
6. A lot more melee weapons. A lot. Enough to make you want to go stab every zombie in the face with a pitchfork. THUS I LIVE LONGER!
7. New character? Your flashlight can kill a zombie in 5-6 hits if you aim for the head. DayZ? Your flashlight can't be used as a weapon. Need I say it again? Longer live I thus.
8. More character options. You might have to pay some cash to unlock a couple of them but even changing the color of the shirt, pants, etc with the default character is more than you get with DayZ.
9. Normal Mode stats/skill tree. I just find this neat. I haven't really noticed a difference with the skill tree but I love keeping track of my kills.
10. Safe zones with vault people in them now. This is not something I remember in the game months back. I like that. Hell, safe zones itself is worth noting. Great place to meet up with friends.
11. I have fun with this game. My friends have fun in this game.
12. Decided to tack this on last minute. Infections. They are a pain in the butt but it's rather neat to know you can possibly get infected by a zombie and die if you don't find a vaccine.
Of course, there's cons.
1. Hackers. They exist in both games.
2. Bandits. You will die on a public server. You will die hard. You will die fast. You will die questioning humanty and the purpose of life as you know it. Do not get dismayed for one day, you will kill someone and that gleeful murderous inner self will laugh maniacally and you'll be addicted forever to pking.
3. No vehicles yet. I'd love to plow through zombies with that giant dumptruck at the construction site near Fallsdale. Just sayin'. Would be awesome. Splat!
4. Ammo could be easier to find. Really seems to be more cash shop. I guess the cash shop is a mixed blessing. I've been able to find most of the items I need in game so I haven't had to use it often. But ammo.. ammo seems really hard for me to find. If anyone has any tips on this, I'd appreciate it!
5. Private servers cost like 48 bucks a month. It's expensive. But that's what clans/friends are for. I love both public and private servers. I play on both. It's really a matter of preference.
6. Zombies kill you faster in The War Z. (But they don't run as far.)
7. Animations are hilariously bad. Sometimes I question if this should be a con because like I said, hilarious.
8. Can't wait for more maps!
I might be forgetting some things. But I just wanted to toss my opinion out there. I don't think a game should be judged based on a couple developers. There's a whole team behind a game and one or two people doesn't make a whole team. As far as the game goes, I think it's a lot more stable and fun than the DayZ and it's cheaper. I'd love to give DayZ another chance when it becomes a standalone game but as of right now, this moment, I'm a WarZ girl all the way. I hold no bias. I love all things zombie but I judge games for the game. Not for the people behind them.
If you've read this, you must have a lot of time on your hands, probably because the servers are down. I kid, I kid. Thank you.
Clan: Heroes of Canton
****Actually, servers seem to be back up. So I'm off to see if I died when I crashed. Game on, Survivors!