[SOZD] Strelok (Banned) Apr 2, 2013 @ 7:26pm
For All Those Who Want To Purchase This Game
Please don't buy it plain and simple - do some research and actually check the game out (it will save you £11)... I had been playing since the game was released and as the game was and still is going no where, until I was banned from the forums for asking about a refund, the reason given was; and I quote "Shut up and spread your slanderous Bull**** somewhere else kid". So I emailed them about it and got the reply "you cannot have refund because you play time exceed 24 hours" (to the word). I know quite alot about the law and a member of my family is a lawyer so I know that I was entitled to a refund (product description is vastly different from recieved product) so my family member emailed them from his work with the company header, so hammerpoint know it's all legit and guess what? - he got no reply first time, but the second time the email bounced straight back to his account saying that the recipiant had blocked this email adress (what a surprise).



Please listen to the critics and reviewers and everyone who moans about this game (MOST of them are right)
Showing 1-15 of 69 comments
< >
Spiffmeister Apr 2, 2013 @ 8:11pm 
Did you happen to read the agreement before playing this game? Probably not, and in there they specifically say that no refund will be given for this game. Therefore, there's nothing your family member can do about it because you accepted the terms.
snobordin151 Apr 2, 2013 @ 8:29pm 
REALLY
Spiffmeister Apr 2, 2013 @ 8:33pm 
Originally posted by snobordin151:
REALLY

Is that a question or a statement? Or are you just yelling at me? I really don't know.
Siresly Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:04pm 
So will you be taking this further?
Originally posted by jt23red:
Did you happen to read the agreement before playing this game? Probably not, and in there they specifically say that no refund will be given for this game. Therefore, there's nothing your family member can do about it because you accepted the terms.
Laws > whatever people decide to stick in their ToS/EULA's.
Spiffmeister Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:08pm 
Originally posted by VibratingDonkey:
So will you be taking this further?
Originally posted by jt23red:
Did you happen to read the agreement before playing this game? Probably not, and in there they specifically say that no refund will be given for this game. Therefore, there's nothing your family member can do about it because you accepted the terms.
Laws > whatever people decide to stick in their ToS/EULA's.

Elaborate?
Spiffmeister Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:08pm 
Pretty sure I made my point.
Crix Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:29pm 
http://warzscam.tumblr.com/post/38140191059/war-z-bans-randomly

also per TOS they can pretty much ban you anytime after the purchase of the game and without any questions asked.
Quix Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:35pm 
I love watching people who don't have any clue what they are talking about try to debate what the law is. The truth is ToS and EULA's are actually fairly strong from a legal standpoint, exactly how strong will depend entirely on the specific wording of the contract (because that is in effect what those things are) and jurisdiction under which a case is heard, if the contract even allows you to be heard in a court of law instead of forcing you to have the case heard by binding arbitration.
Spiffmeister Apr 2, 2013 @ 9:37pm 
It's really funny because I don't even know what's in the ToS and just made that up being sick of all the haters :) I'd say it went over pretty well too.
WildWeasel Apr 2, 2013 @ 10:00pm 
ToS and EULA cannot overide the laws in any country they can only quote existing laws and how the software may be used within those laws. All countries have different laws regarding consumer rights and protection. Bottom line is even if you got ripped of according to the laws of your country, good luck doing anything about it. By the time you paid for the lawyers and waited for the case to go through court taking into account your time investment it would be pointless. At best you could hope for an injuction to get the game banned from being sold in your country but it will be long dead by that time, and Sergey will just start another incorporated company with a new title to scam everyone with. Scammers gonna scam thats the way it is.
[SOZD] Strelok (Banned) Apr 3, 2013 @ 4:34am 
Originally posted by jt23red:
Did you happen to read the agreement before playing this game? Probably not, and in there they specifically say that no refund will be given for this game. Therefore, there's nothing your family member can do about it because you accepted the terms.

If you know anything about the law (which evidentley you don't) then you would know that no ToS can overide the law when it comes to consumer products. So there is alot my family member can do.

Please don't post unless you know what you are talking about
[SOZD] Strelok (Banned) Apr 3, 2013 @ 4:36am 
Originally posted by i80-TR32_3432o000:
http://warzscam.tumblr.com/post/38140191059/war-z-bans-randomly

also per TOS they can pretty much ban you anytime after the purchase of the game and without any questions asked.

That is the same with most games it's called "subject to change" things like WOW and DOTA it states they can remove your account for NO reason without warning, that is nothing new
[SOZD] Strelok (Banned) Apr 3, 2013 @ 4:37am 
Originally posted by WildWeasel:
At best you could hope for an injuction to get the game banned from being sold in your country

This is already in process
[SOZD] Strelok (Banned) Apr 3, 2013 @ 4:38am 
Originally posted by jt23red:
It's really funny because I don't even know what's in the ToS and just made that up being sick of all the haters :) I'd say it went over pretty well too.

Sick of all the haters? - You sound like my 4 year old daughter

Please stop commenting
Last edited by [SOZD] Strelok; Apr 3, 2013 @ 4:38am
[SOZD] Strelok (Banned) Apr 3, 2013 @ 4:40am 
Originally posted by Redshift:
I love watching people who don't have any clue what they are talking about try to debate what the law is. The truth is ToS and EULA's are actually fairly strong from a legal standpoint, exactly how strong will depend entirely on the specific wording of the contract (because that is in effect what those things are) and jurisdiction under which a case is heard, if the contract even allows you to be heard in a court of law instead of forcing you to have the case heard by binding arbitration.

Wow, I'm not even going to argue with you, but as you struggle to find information that is RIGHT I adivse a quick google search on the law and ToS...
Showing 1-15 of 69 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2013 @ 7:26pm
Posts: 69