(Cinematic)STR@GHT B@@@@RS! Mar 17, 2014 @ 7:05am
shud i buy this?
title says it
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
ThePresident Mar 17, 2014 @ 7:06am 
Try it. It is not the best game, but you can try it!
nogger Mar 17, 2014 @ 7:19am 
YES THIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!
Hades152_MLG Mar 17, 2014 @ 7:21am 
try it . It´s godd and if you like zombies, guns and frindly +pvp player buy this.
doomator Mar 17, 2014 @ 7:59am 
yes
(Cinematic)STR@GHT B@@@@RS! Mar 17, 2014 @ 7:59am 
ok thanks i did buy it
(Cinematic)STR@GHT B@@@@RS! Mar 17, 2014 @ 8:18am 
cant go thorugh the updating screen its just there and tries i cant get into the game its just stops there at the update launcher anyone knows something that can fix this?
The Law Mar 17, 2014 @ 8:29am 
Originally posted by KBFarty mc ♥♥♥(mr.pudge):
cant go thorugh the updating screen its just there and tries i cant get into the game its just stops there at the update launcher anyone knows something that can fix this?


Sorry if this is a stupid reply. It's just that that used to happen to me from time to time with games if I hadn't run Steam "as administator". So I set it to always run as admin. Again sorry if it's a stupid reply lol
Russ Angel Mar 17, 2014 @ 9:04am 
This one out of all the ones on here that do the survival gaming "genre" has turned out after all the " bad news" against it the most fun.None of them have the "great" factor but this is now quite good.Funny that the most knocked game turned out to be a dark horse and is actually becoming a half decent game.I'm not saying this is great but the others are not moving on enough where as this one has more loot now and less hackers,a shame it isn't optimised a bit better.With a bigger map again and a few improvements as it goes along,this is now worth a look at without a doubt.I have Nether and Dayz but I have started to play this more now.It is definitely moving on.
doomator Mar 17, 2014 @ 9:33am 
Originally posted by KBFarty mc ♥♥♥(mr.pudge):
cant go thorugh the updating screen its just there and tries i cant get into the game its just stops there at the update launcher anyone knows something that can fix this?

did u try to restart steam?
The Law Mar 17, 2014 @ 9:49am 
Originally posted by Russ Angel:
This one out of all the ones on here that do the survival gaming "genre" has turned out after all the " bad news" against it the most fun.None of them have the "great" factor but this is now quite good.Funny that the most knocked game turned out to be a dark horse and is actually becoming a half decent game.I'm not saying this is great but the others are not moving on enough where as this one has more loot now and less hackers,a shame it isn't optimised a bit better.With a bigger map again and a few improvements as it goes along,this is now worth a look at without a doubt.I have Nether and Dayz but I have started to play this more now.It is definitely moving on.


Do you know why people were knocking it though? It's pretty "bad" news indeed you could say. However I don't have it so if you say it's good it isn't really me who has the right to disagree. I've been on the fence with this one awhile but there are a LOT of people campaigning to have the game removed and I think it could happen. (they are signing a petition here http://www.change.org/petitions/steam-remove-infestation-survivor-stories-aka-the-warz-from-the-steam-store?share_id=WnPmkKTYmm&utm_campaign=autopublish&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition&v=control&x=~open_graph_autopublish_experiment )

Regardless of who sees this game as a hidden gem, falsely advertising your game is never ok and at this point there has really been nothing but shady business practices. It's a shame because yes I do see the potential in the game. Hopefully the new DayZ standalone will deliver when it is out of early access.

I just don't like the idea that other games may be able to scam me as well which is why I personally would like to see Valve remove this title simply for that reason alone. They should be concerned about their customers peace of mind. With Infestation/WarZ floating around here how can we EVER be sure of what we're buying on Steam?
Last edited by The Law; Mar 17, 2014 @ 9:56am
Russ Angel Mar 17, 2014 @ 10:09am 
I have never been scammed I bought it in the sale and it has started to get quite fun.I never said it was brilliant just for £3 or whatever it's worth it and actually getting better if you spend a bit of time in it.There are now far worse on here than this it has improved a lot.I never said it was a "gem" it is just getting better and quite a laugh when it get's going and you get the hang of it.I have quite a few friends who are on Twitch and have started to stream it because it is actually picking up a bit.It now deserves it's place on Steam as they have actually improved it a lot better than some on here who decide that worthless items are an improvement instead of sorting out collision and walking through walls in favour of a new hat.
The Law Mar 17, 2014 @ 10:59am 
Originally posted by Russ Angel:
I have never been scammed I bought it in the sale and it has started to get quite fun.I never said it was brilliant just for £3 or whatever it's worth it and actually getting better if you spend a bit of time in it.There are now far worse on here than this it has improved a lot.I never said it was a "gem" it is just getting better and quite a laugh when it get's going and you get the hang of it.I have quite a few friends who are on Twitch and have started to stream it because it is actually picking up a bit.It now deserves it's place on Steam as they have actually improved it a lot better than some on here who decide that worthless items are an improvement instead of sorting out collision and walking through walls in favour of a new hat.


"Regardless of who sees this game as a hidden gem"

Sorry if you took this comment to imply that you specifically called the game a gem. I was simply generalizing.

I have no doubt the game is fun that is not my point. My point is that regardless of how "good" it's getting. It was falsely advertised and sold as finished to begin with. This example of poor ethics is the ONLY reason I can't stand behind this game. Not bashing the quality as I have not played it. There are thousands of players who think they should be refunded simply because the game was not what it was advertised to be. Also, the devs have wrongly banned countless users for no reasons whatsoever. It's the underhanded salesmanship that got a LOT of money from a LOT of gamers that would NOT have bought this game had it been appropriately represented upon release. That could leave someone feeling scammed my friend. I am glad you are happy with the game and don't mind the micro transactions that the game previously decided wasn't important to mention to the drones of people in the first waves of purchases.

Purely poor business ethics and I don't think that because there is a (fairly small) group of people who don't mind the game for what it is (which is TOTALLY fair), that it should be overlooked that the development and presentation of this game has been step by step sketchy and unithical all the way.

Also this game was claimed to be an original work. Look up a game called War Inc and tell me what you think of that. WarZ was not original it was a mod of a previously falied game the dev couldnt get to take off.

Sorry just saying.. Incase you didn't already know.
The doctor is in Mar 17, 2014 @ 11:03am 
game loads of fun and addictive. runs, plays, looks and sounds great and ive not had really any problems to speak of since i got it during summer sale.

inspite of all the negative press, reviews, articles, posts it been easily on steam top 100 most played games for well over a year

now whether u like it or not depends on what kinds of games u like

so check out gameplay

and see for yourself
Russ Angel Mar 17, 2014 @ 11:56am 
I agree that games should not be given a release in the state that it was,I am fed up of buying unfinished and shoddy products.I am just pleased that the developers have turned it around and made an effort now and somewhat redeemed themselves although there are room for improvements.The problem is with this genre of game it is cashed in on before the next emperors new clothes comes in without being optimised and polished,and sold with the never ending alpha clause which we will all have moved on from by the time they get any where near fully playable.
datCookie (Banned) Mar 17, 2014 @ 1:40pm 
Originally posted by Russ Angel:
I agree that games should not be given a release in the state that it was,I am fed up of buying unfinished and shoddy products.I am just pleased that the developers have turned it around and made an effort now and somewhat redeemed themselves although there are room for improvements.The problem is with this genre of game it is cashed in on before the next emperors new clothes comes in without being optimised and polished,and sold with the never ending alpha clause which we will all have moved on from by the time they get any where near fully playable.


I would not say that the developers have redeemed themselves at all. Sure, they've added new features and even a new anti cheat since release. But where has that really gotten them? Before most patches they would hype them up to be something they never turned out to be. The patches were always under delivered and we're very rarely accepted by the community. They never really addressed the bigger issues and always left the players wanting so much more.

Take the last patch for example. They hyped it up with all this talk about vehicles and how they were going to change them for the better. But come patch time, a couple of weeks since the last patch mind you, all we get is simple changes to certain values, which could have been done in less than a day.

They've even added things players never asked for, such as f10, which destroyed the core concept of the game completely. After a month and a half, 3 surveys and much outcry from the community, it was finally removed.

These are all very recent mistakes, need i go on?
Showing 1-15 of 32 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 17, 2014 @ 7:05am
Posts: 32