Dental Plan Nov 9, 2013 @ 2:16pm
Error crash after starting game
I just started playing the game tonight. Created a kingdom, a account and played for abit. Stopped playing for an hour or so and when I start up the game now I get a "Fatal error in gc" pop up and it says "GetThreadContext" failed.

Tried verifying files, and got the same error.

Tried re-installing, and got the same error.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

System specs:

Windows 8.1
Amd Phenom II X6 1100T 3.31
8GB ram
AMD 6970HD
Last edited by Dental Plan; Nov 9, 2013 @ 2:25pm
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Dental Plan Nov 9, 2013 @ 2:30pm 
Well I just got it to work by running in Windows 7 compability mode. Weird that it worked normally with Windows 8.1 my first time playing.
Dental Plan Nov 13, 2013 @ 3:17am 
Ok, I just tried to start up the game again, without changing anything on my end and I'm getting the same error I noted above.

Windows 7 compatibility mode no longer works for me.
dislekcia!  [developer] Nov 13, 2013 @ 7:49am 
Have you got anything running that might be doing strange things to .NET at all? It sounds like that's what's falling over... Very strange error though.
IceBear Jan 10 @ 5:57am 
Did you ever get this fixed? If so, what did you do? As long as it loads a save game it will crash for me. If I delete the save folder then it works ok (which is obviously not much of a solution)
dislekcia!  [developer] Jan 10 @ 8:46am 
GetThreadContext crash?

If so, that seems to be related to antivirus software getting confused...
IceBear Jan 10 @ 9:08am 
That's what I've read everywhere, but if I disable ESET it still happens (I'm not going to uninstall it and I know even when it's disabled it's still sort of there) and I've added the game (the entire Steam directory) to the whitelist and it still happens
dislekcia!  [developer] Jan 10 @ 6:18pm 
Originally posted by IceBear:
That's what I've read everywhere, but if I disable ESET it still happens (I'm not going to uninstall it and I know even when it's disabled it's still sort of there) and I've added the game (the entire Steam directory) to the whitelist and it still happens

Did you have another antivirus package before ESET? We had someone report the same problem due to an old Kaspersky process that was still running on their machine even though they'd switched to Avast and uninstalled Kaspersky...
Dental Plan Jan 11 @ 3:55am 
Yeah, I did have it working just after the DEV post in Nov. Not quite sure what I did to get it working though. I was getting the error and then all of a sudden it stopped. I haven't played it much since then.

I just tried the game again right now and I'm getting that same error, not sure why. The game seems to work at random for me.
Last edited by Dental Plan; Jan 11 @ 3:56am
IceBear Jan 11 @ 11:45am 
No, I reinstalled this system back in November and that's the only anti-virus I have had installed.
IceBear Jan 14 @ 10:02am 
I replaced the mono.dll file from the Nihilumbra game that I had installed and it works!
dislekcia!  [developer] Jan 15 @ 1:35am 
Originally posted by IceBear:
I replaced the mono.dll file from the Nihilumbra game that I had installed and it works!

Great! I'll add that to our library of potential fixes. It looks like the redistributed dll isn't replaced the way we thought it was. We'll figure something out.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50