Tomb Raider II

Tomb Raider II

segagamer Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:35pm
Can't get rid of Window borders. Also how do you set 32bit colour?
When playing the game, you can see the Windows 7's application borders around the game, even when it is in full screen. This is a problem mostly because it ends up covering up the healthbar etc, making the game very difficult to play.

http://store.steampowered.com

Anyone know how to fix this?

Also, is there a way to enter the game's settings? I'd like to change to 32bit colour and also change the sound from camera to POV (like you could in the disc version).

Managed to find it, and enable Z-Buffer, Triple Buffer and other things. Located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tomb Raider (II)\data
Last edited by segagamer; Jan 27, 2013 @ 1:39pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Ikx_1 Jan 27, 2013 @ 9:21pm 
Look to my quide. Hope that helps.
segagamer Jan 30, 2013 @ 12:13pm 
Whilst your suggestion does shrink the game view so that I can see the health bar, that doesn't correct the issue at hand, which is the window borders being present (and quite distracting) throughout the game. Thanks though.
segagamer Jul 17, 2013 @ 3:31pm 
bump. I am also having this issue in Last Revelation and Chronicles.
MegaSeveN Feb 2, 2014 @ 4:18pm 
Hmmm, it's been half a year since you posted this problem. But on of the off chance you never found a solution and still want one for Tomb Raider II-V, just download and run this file.

http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/82-tomb-raider-series-fullscreen-border-fix/
segagamer Feb 14, 2014 @ 8:01am 
Originally posted by MegaSeveN:
Hmmm, it's been half a year since you posted this problem. But on of the off chance you never found a solution and still want one for Tomb Raider II-V, just download and run this file.

http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/82-tomb-raider-series-fullscreen-border-fix/

You are an amazing human being. I can't test this right now, but I will be sure to do so tonight when I get home.

Thank you so much.

Did you develop this or did you find it?
MegaSeveN Feb 19, 2014 @ 2:51am 
Ha, I didn't do anything special. Just found it through a bit of Google searching. :)
segagamer Feb 19, 2014 @ 11:05am 
Yeah but I searched Google too before posting and couldn't find a fix... It's quite an odd thing to search for...
Karbuncle Feb 26, 2014 @ 8:58pm 
Originally posted by gethneagle:

Also, is there a way to enter the game's settings? I'd like to change to 32bit colour and also change the sound from camera to POV (like you could in the disc version).

Managed to find it, and enable Z-Buffer, Triple Buffer and other things. Located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Tomb Raider (II)\data

I looked in this folder and couldn't find the appropriate file to edit and/or run. Can you be more specific? Reason I ask is I want to change the resolution, but this cannot be done in-game.

Edit: Found a better way by reading one of the older posts. Using Steam, you can right click on the game title in your library and got to properties and add in -setup.exe.

Last edited by Karbuncle; Feb 26, 2014 @ 9:06pm
Thaine Of Iver Mar 3, 2014 @ 9:36pm 
I know this is an old post, but in the case that anyone has these problems again, you can press buttons such as F1 and F2 in-game to adjust the game resolution, and F3 and F4 to adjust the screen size. The screen size (I'm not sure if there's a definite term for it that I'm missing) helps to slightly decrease the size, allowing you to see Lara's health / oxygen bars. However, it seems that the size isn't adjustable when in the pause menu, which makes things a little tedious when I forget to check my health, and must exit and then enter the pause menu again to see it.
Sorry if this is old news to everyone, but I hope it proves to be useful!
segagamer Mar 15, 2014 @ 3:16am 
Originally posted by ThaineOfWhiterun:
I know this is an old post, but in the case that anyone has these problems again, you can press buttons such as F1 and F2 in-game to adjust the game resolution, and F3 and F4 to adjust the screen size. The screen size (I'm not sure if there's a definite term for it that I'm missing) helps to slightly decrease the size, allowing you to see Lara's health / oxygen bars. However, it seems that the size isn't adjustable when in the pause menu, which makes things a little tedious when I forget to check my health, and must exit and then enter the pause menu again to see it.
Sorry if this is old news to everyone, but I hope it proves to be useful!


User MegaSeveN posted a solution to the problem. Adding a border around the edges of the screen was not the fix I was looking for :)
Gloriously Oct 15, 2014 @ 9:47pm 
Thank you so much! This helped me a lot :)
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 15 30 50