A lot of folks have asked about how BL PC is better than the PS360 version. In short, BL PC gets all of the improvements we've made to our engine since BL shipped 3 years ago, plus new stuff we did just for the PC version. Some of those improvements will be activated during the beta period. The full list is too long to go into, but here are the highlights:
- Higher quality anti-aliasing using FXAA (BL console used EdgeAA).
- Optional super high quality super-sampled anti-aliasing (SSAA). Users will be able to select these through the UI in a soon to come update, but for now you can pass -ssaa2x or -ssaa4x on the command line to enable them.
- Support for resolutions > 720p (whatever your monitor/GPU will support).
- Screen-space ambient occlusion (SSAO) which makes for better contact shadows and more solid looking objects.
- Major improvements to the network code. The game handles latency/lag in multiplayer much better, especially in large games or games where some players have very bad pings.
- Support for keyboard and mouse!
- Uncapped rendering (>30 fps, up to whatever your GPU and monitor can handle).
- High fidelity (60 fps) simulation option for single player.
- Increased draw distance with user settable overrides.
- Improved shadow quality, distance, and resolution.
- User settable FOV.
- Fully remappable controls.
- Text chat.
- All DLC content from the console versions, including pre-order bonuses.