Geplaatst: 21 december
This game is simply amazing!
I was a big fan of the original in the late nineties and re-playing is a
Extremely funny after all these years.
The game still have the original formula:
- plenty of dumb enemies to kill
- lots of maps, and all of them are really cool and enjoyable
- a big-boss battle in the end of the episode
- unlimited replay-ability
- and tons of funny quotes from Duke!
And new stuff:
- higher resolution than the original (even widescreen)
- better mouse support
- it is simply working in new PCs, no emulation or DOSBOX
- all the steam goodies: achievements, cloud savings, trading cards, multi-player, community hub, ...
To be completely fair, the multi-player experience is a bit laggy. Despite the
disclaimer alerts to play with close friends, geographically speaking ;),
in my short experience I was able to play even with people in US (I am in EU).
Do not expect real-time shootings, but still playable.
The conclusion is crystal clear:
A game you MUST have in your collection if you like FPS!!
No matter if you played before or not, just add to your library now!!