Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

View Stats:
indio68 Aug 14, 2013 @ 8:57am
launching game
hi, why the game take 2 minuts or so for launching?? i mean it's a 13 years old game o so..why the hell i must wait minuts to get to menu?
Last edited by indio68; Aug 14, 2013 @ 1:12pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
[GER] Dr_Proton Aug 14, 2013 @ 9:06am 
It depends on your system specs. :)
FiB. Muleke_Trairao Aug 14, 2013 @ 11:43am 
lunching????What, you wanna eat the game now?
It's "launching"
Originally posted by Muleke:
lunching????What, you wanna eat the game now?
It's "launching"


bahahahahahahahahaha
Sorry sir, lunch is very busy at this establishment. It may take up to 15 minutes for our waiters to bring you the menu.
terminx Aug 14, 2013 @ 1:03pm 
Don't complain about only getting 2 minutes for lunch, be happy you have a job!
indio68 Aug 14, 2013 @ 1:12pm 
Originally posted by Muleke:
lunching????What, you wanna eat the game now?
It's "launching"
off course is launching..typing error maybe??so no usefull answer ..as usual
(❤)FoXbOX Aug 14, 2013 @ 2:51pm 
Originally posted by Muleke:
lunching????What, you wanna eat the game now?
It's "launching"
LOL!
>M@tEo$< Aug 17, 2013 @ 5:43am 
Check if your CPU isn't suffering in the background, if there's no program making troubles (maybe the anti-virus scanning the game files...), and check if your drivers are up to date :)
indio68 Aug 17, 2013 @ 7:23am 
thanks well i dont' use the last nvidia drivers cuz they give many issues to many users...but i don't think this can be the problem...when i'm in game all runs fine..it's only a question...don't understand why it take so long to launch
i need to add to excvlusion the ame files?? but if i remember correct i added all the steam directory to exclusion..i'm using Avira free
Last edited by indio68; Aug 17, 2013 @ 7:24am
indio68 Aug 17, 2013 @ 7:26am 
Originally posted by Henne GER:
It depends on your system specs. :)
it depends on my sysatem spec?? c'mon we 'r talking about Duke Nukem 3d... it's a 3 years old rig..so i don't think is this the problem
Originally posted by indio68:
thanks well i dont' use the last nvidia drivers cuz they give many issues to many users...but i don't think this can be the problem...when i'm in game all runs fine..it's only a question...don't understand why it take so long to launch
i need to add to excvlusion the ame files?? but if i remember correct i added all the steam directory to exclusion..i'm using Avira free


I have an NVIDIA card myself and everything runs perfectly fine on my system
indio68 Aug 17, 2013 @ 9:33am 
wait...i said game runs perfectly...it's only the launching time that is quite big...near 2 minuts
Originally posted by indio68:
wait...i said game runs perfectly...it's only the launching time that is quite big...near 2 minuts


oh. that's just the normal loading/launching time. you can actually skip the intro by simply pressing any buttons
CaptainBarnaby198 Aug 17, 2013 @ 5:13pm 
Oddly enough I have the same problem of the game launching slowly. I learned that if I press Alt+Tab it seems to launch immediately. After that you just have to alt+tab back to it.
K-Bone Aug 17, 2013 @ 6:30pm 
Originally posted by Captain Barnaby:
Oddly enough I have the same problem of the game launching slowly. I learned that if I press Alt+Tab it seems to launch immediately. After that you just have to alt+tab back to it.
I hope they fix this as well,It's almost driving me mad atm.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Aug 14, 2013 @ 8:57am
Posts: 19