Kitten Mittons Jan 29 @ 11:32am
BEST 3.99$ PURCHASE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Had no intention of spending any more monies this week on steam. AND THEN THIS! Omg. Brings back such fine memories of ventrilo harrassment, if you know what im talkin' 'bout.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
[dse]Circlestrafe Jan 29 @ 11:35am 
Never used ventrilo with the original. 28.8 modem...used the remote ridicule a lot tho! Had a ton of different Looney Tunes and Dirty Harry quotes.
[BTLS]-NED_mark Jan 29 @ 11:42am 
Oh the nights of Vent harrassment... great juvenile fun!
scavenge Jan 29 @ 12:01pm 
The game is great indeed but for me it has nothing whatsoever to do with harassment, just pure enjoyment as a young teen. Just for the editor alone it was priceless.
Middle Sister Jan 29 @ 12:02pm 
Don't stab my wound any longer :(
I should have gotten this but I got Forever instead. Did I make a mistake?
I'm crying bloooooood.
MasterOfNone Jan 29 @ 12:52pm 
This is a must have guys... buy!!!
Feesh Jan 29 @ 12:54pm 
The combo pack with Shadow Warrior Redux is on sale for 5.99 as well, even though SW is still at it's normal price.
Kitten Mittons Jan 29 @ 1:39pm 
Originally posted by Miss Chief:
Don't stab my wound any longer :(
I should have gotten this but I got Forever instead. Did I make a mistake?
I'm crying bloooooood.

Wise man say
it is better to cry blood
than fart blood.
scavenge Jan 29 @ 1:58pm 
Originally posted by Miss Chief:
Don't stab my wound any longer :(
I should have gotten this but I got Forever instead. Did I make a mistake?
I'm crying bloooooood.

I bought the Duke3D & SW combo pack like 3-4 months ago, it goes on sale every few months so far.
Feesh Jan 29 @ 3:04pm 
PC gaming is much more commom place now than it was back in the 90's when these games came out. It would be cool to get some numbers on how many copies have been sold through steam and at what price. I wonder if they've made more money off of the re-rekeases than they did on the original.
scavenge Jan 29 @ 3:44pm 
Originally posted by Feesh:
PC gaming is much more commom place now than it was back in the 90's when these games came out. It would be cool to get some numbers on how many copies have been sold through steam and at what price. I wonder if they've made more money off of the re-rekeases than they did on the original.

PC gaming was already pretty huge in the later 90's.
Feesh Jan 29 @ 3:52pm 
Originally posted by scavenge:
Originally posted by Feesh:
PC gaming is much more commom place now than it was back in the 90's when these games came out. It would be cool to get some numbers on how many copies have been sold through steam and at what price. I wonder if they've made more money off of the re-rekeases than they did on the original.

PC gaming was already pretty huge in the later 90's.

Yeah. It was fairly popular, I just doubt it was as popular as it is today, just because of accessibility. 90's was sort of a mixed bag for pc gaming, a lot of really great games, but it was expensive if you wanted to keep up a higher end gaming pc. Not like today where you can spend 400-500$ and play pretty much anything you want for the next few years.

Either way, I'm just curious, but I doubt I'll ever be able to find out. There's a lot more consumers for pc games now than there was, but these games aren't new anymore, and I don't know how well they appeal to people who didn't play them when they were relevant.
Middle Sister Jan 29 @ 4:26pm 
I remember playing the first Dooms on my dad's HUGE computer when I was a kid. Ahhh, those were the good old days. It was actually a privilege to play back in the day because he worked around computers. And there wasn't too many games.
Jeff Christ Jan 29 @ 8:41pm 
When this first came out, one of the computers at my local Sams Club had a copy on one of the demo computers that I would play every time I went there with my parents. I was 8 years old and thought this was the greatest game of all time.

It's nice to see that it's been updated without really changing anything. Definitely money well spent. Now just add co-op for the expansions and fix the multiplayer issues and I would say that this game is completely modernized with the Megaton edition.
glassh0le Jan 30 @ 3:07am 
At this price, it's a no brainer. Bought the original when it first came out...spent countless hours deathmatching with random people through Prodigy internet service back in the day.
TooHighToDie Jan 30 @ 5:46am 
Originally posted by Jeff Christ:
When this first came out, one of the computers at my local Sams Club had a copy on one of the demo computers that I would play every time I went there with my parents. I was 8 years old and thought this was the greatest game of all time.

It's nice to see that it's been updated without really changing anything. Definitely money well spent. Now just add co-op for the expansions and fix the multiplayer issues and I would say that this game is completely modernized with the Megaton edition.

I had a similar expirence. It feels good to relive those days a bit.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50