The original game used P2P network architecture, which was ok for LAN, but not good for Online. We tried our best to improve the network code, but the game is still really sensitive to connection quality (not connection speed). This means if one of the players has a bad connection then everyone in the game will experience lag. There are some recommendations that can improve your overall multiplayer experience.
To get a better experience it is recommended to play with players from your geographic region (same country or same city). Also it is strongly recommended to close all applications that use internet connections (instant messages, internet browsers, torrent clients) for optimal gameplay. If possible avoid wifi-spots/shared connection, instead connect your PC with a ethernet cable directly to a router.
– The game didn't find an optimal network route to the lobby node. Check your internet connection or try to join a different lobby.Network latency is too high
– The ping between you and the lobby host is too high. This can cause serious lag issues in-game. Try to join a different lobby or create your own lobby and invite your friends.Wrong server version
– The lobby host or the client have different versions of the game. Please make sure that you are using the latest version of the game.Custom map hash mismatch
– The lobby host and the client have a different version of the map with the same name. You can try to contact the lobby host and check where to download the correct version of the map. To avoid these problems, it is recommended to use Steam Workshop for maps.Unstable connection
– Network connection is not stable enough (too many packet drops). Check your internet connection or try to join a different lobby.
Please report your issue in this thread, detailed description will help us fix it faster: http://steamcommunity.com/app/225140/discussions/2/540731691464869593/