termit  [developer] Jul 20, 2014 @ 2:27am
Public Beta is back (SDL2, gamepad support)
Hey Dukers,

Past couple weeks we've been working on an update (1.4.0 Beta):
  • We switched from SDL1 to SDL2, this should improve compatibility with modern OS and improve general stability of the game.
  • We've added gamepad support. You can bind button in Key Bindings menu or reset bindings to get default gamepad bindings.
  • Also we have fixed Overlay issues on OSX/Linux.

1.4.1 Beta (13 September 2014)
  • Fixed issue with bindings for mouse button 3-10
  • Fixed left mouse button issue on Linux
  • Fixed mouse scroll issues
  • Tweaked aiming for gamepad
  • Added crash repoting system. So you had a crash and see this window: http://i.imgur.com/v6whWZH.png, please click "Send Report" button. It will help us to fix bugs faster.
  • Added run option "-nogamepad" to ignore connected gamepad

To try this update you need to opt-in to Public Beta branch in a game preferences.

This thread is only for reporting bugs and giving suggestions for Public Beta related changes. I will delete offtopic messages
Last edited by termit; Sep 13, 2014 @ 5:59am
Showing 1-15 of 119 comments
< >
Lunick Jul 20, 2014 @ 2:35am 
Thankyou so much Termit :)
>M@tEo$< Jul 20, 2014 @ 2:42am 
I know it was planned, but still I'm nicely surprised, nice work!
>M@tEo$< Jul 20, 2014 @ 2:51am 
I can't use the mouse; The left clic work to skip the first videos when you launch the game, then nothing. Can't shoot not aim. The mouse is OK in the Steam Overlay :/
termit  [developer] Jul 20, 2014 @ 2:54am 
Originally posted by >M@tEo$<:
I can't use the mouse; The left clic work to skip the first videos when you launch the game, then nothing. Can't shoot not aim. The mouse is OK in the Steam Overlay :/
Can you please try to remove your old duke3d.cfg and restart the game
Last edited by termit; Jul 20, 2014 @ 2:54am
>M@tEo$< Jul 20, 2014 @ 2:58am 
Now I can't skip the intro videos, and still can't aim or have an action executed to clics :/

Edit:
In stdout.txt there's CONTROL_Startup: Mouse Present, strange
Last edited by >M@tEo$<; Jul 20, 2014 @ 3:00am
termit  [developer] Jul 20, 2014 @ 3:05am 
Originally posted by >M@tEo$<:
Now I can't skip the intro videos, and still can't aim or have an action executed to clics :/

Edit:
In stdout.txt there's CONTROL_Startup: Mouse Present, strange
Can you please remind me your specs?
>M@tEo$< Jul 20, 2014 @ 3:08am 
Windows 8.1 x64
Intel Core i3-4130
NVidia GeForce GT 640
And a basic Microsoft mouse, labeled as HID Mouse in the Device Manager.

May I try on my 7? I have as well a Microsoft mouse on it
Last edited by >M@tEo$<; Jul 20, 2014 @ 3:08am
termit  [developer] Jul 20, 2014 @ 3:12am 
Originally posted by >M@tEo$<:
Windows 8.1 x64
Intel Core i3-4130
NVidia GeForce GT 640
And a basic Microsoft mouse, labeled as HID Mouse in the Device Manager.

May I try on my 7? I have as well a Microsoft mouse on it
Yes, please
>M@tEo$< Jul 20, 2014 @ 3:21am 
On my other PC no problem, in or out of the branch:
Windows 7 x64
Intel i3-2310M @ 2.10 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 7610M
Microsoft USB Basic Optical Mouse (Mouse and Keyboard Center)

Will try to see if that Mouse and Keyboard Center is installed on my 8.1, perhaps that will help.

I also noticed I don't have the mouse cursor on the screen on the 8.1
>M@tEo$< Jul 20, 2014 @ 4:13am 
It is a Microsoft Optical Mouse 200, and isn't supported by the Mouse and Keyboard Center :/
Scotsman [Linux] Jul 20, 2014 @ 4:19am 
I could kiss you guys. Now Duke runs correctly in a multi monitor set up.

But I too am having trouble with the mouse all of a sudden...will play around a bit.
Lunick Jul 20, 2014 @ 4:21am 
My mouse is just a Microsoft Basic Optical Mouse 1.0A which came with my XP computer or older I believe :X
Sinedio Jul 20, 2014 @ 4:24am 
Weird problem on my end. The game opens fullscreen but the actual game window remains a 4:3 rectangle at the bottom left of my screen.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3371527/duke3d_linux_beta.png

Renamed the old cfg files, still the same. Running this on Linux Mint 17, with the 331.38 nvidia drivers on a GTX 660
termit  [developer] Jul 20, 2014 @ 4:28am 
Originally posted by Sinedio:
Weird problem on my end. The game opens fullscreen but the actual game window remains a 4:3 rectangle at the bottom left of my screen.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3371527/duke3d_linux_beta.png

Renamed the old cfg files, still the same. Running this on Linux Mint 17, with the 331.38 nvidia drivers on a GTX 660
What is your native resolution and game resolution?
Sinedio Jul 20, 2014 @ 4:30am 
1440x900 - native and the same is set for the game

Pic: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3371527/duked3d_video_options.png
Last edited by Sinedio; Jul 20, 2014 @ 4:32am
Showing 1-15 of 119 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50