Defiance > General Discussions > Topic Details
APThug May 6, 2014 @ 6:47pm
Don't buy this game wait..for Free to play
This game is turning Free to play soon, being the first game to ever go from buy to play to free to play in less then a year. LMAO

Game is still fun, though. But don't waste your money just yet.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
◆X-13◆(Owldolf Hootler) May 6, 2014 @ 6:53pm 
you get bonuses if you own the game before f2p. deal with it.
neoVictrix May 6, 2014 @ 7:29pm 
Well, game only costs what, $10 or something, $5 if it's on sale. So it's not as though it's crazy expensive to get.

Plus those that start playing when it's free will be more limited in inventory space and character slots compared to those that own the game (physical copy or digital).

Those that start after June 3rd will have 2 loadouts, 2 character slots, a maximum of 50 ark keycodes, and 35 inventory slots.

Those that buy it now will have 4 character slots, 5 loadouts, 75 maximum ark keycodes, and 70 inventory slots (with those that purchase extra inventory space still keeping it). Those that buy it now also get a grant of 1,000 Arkforge used for refining and upgrading weapons, and 30-days of a Paradise Patron Pass, which offers boosts to xp, credits, etc.
Last edited by neoVictrix; May 6, 2014 @ 7:30pm
The Rock God May 6, 2014 @ 7:36pm 
Originally posted by neoVictrix:
Well, game only costs what, $10 or something, $5 if it's on sale. So it's not as though it's crazy expensive to get.

Plus those that start playing when it's free will be more limited in inventory space and character slots compared to those that own the game (physical copy or digital).

Example, those that start after June 3rd will have 2 loadouts, 2 character slots, a maximum of 50 ark keycodes, and 35 inventory slots.

Those that buy it now will have 4 character slots, 5 loadouts, 75 maximum ark keycodes, and 70 inventory slots (with those that purchase extra inventory space still keeping it). Those that buy it now also get a grant of 1,000 Arkforge used for refining and upgrading weapons, and 30-days of a Paradise Patron Pass, which offers boosts to xp, credits, etc.

To add: If someone is going to keep playing the game, buying it now for $10 is a good idea. While the costs to upgrade a free sccount for more slots/etc aren't known yet (besides inventory space), the 1000 Arkforge is worth $35 by itself.
jconan7777777 May 6, 2014 @ 8:16pm 
1000 arkforge is worth $35 bucks?.....lmfao
NahuelSpartan May 6, 2014 @ 10:27pm 
Originally posted by neoVictrix:
Well, game only costs what, $10 or something, $5 if it's on sale. So it's not as though it's crazy expensive to get.

Plus those that start playing when it's free will be more limited in inventory space and character slots compared to those that own the game (physical copy or digital).

Those that start after June 3rd will have 2 loadouts, 2 character slots, a maximum of 50 ark keycodes, and 35 inventory slots.

Those that buy it now will have 4 character slots, 5 loadouts, 75 maximum ark keycodes, and 70 inventory slots (with those that purchase extra inventory space still keeping it). Those that buy it now also get a grant of 1,000 Arkforge used for refining and upgrading weapons, and 30-days of a Paradise Patron Pass, which offers boosts to xp, credits, etc.

50 ark keycodes? lol, f2p players not wanna be able to buy 4 Tier box, it costs 75 ark keycodes
weirdphil May 7, 2014 @ 1:35am 
Originally posted by Frosty:
being the first game to ever go from buy to play to free to play in less then a year. LMAO
Was released April last year. Goes F2P in June, which is more than a year since release and also about exactly one year after RIFT went F2P.
Last edited by weirdphil; May 7, 2014 @ 1:36am
APThug May 7, 2014 @ 5:48pm 
Still really sad to be honest. I still play the game tho. I was one of the dumbasses that bought the collecters edtion off of gamestop day one. However your right, the games like 10$ with a endless trial yet so little people played it. I prefer buy to play games way more then this free to play crap.

The second season of the show is going to have to kick ♥♥♥ if the devs want more people to play this game.
Hillary Clinton May 7, 2014 @ 7:08pm 
Idk I really like it so far(The game that is, never watched the show), I think it will do good going f2p, for sure won't die, the co-op missions are fun and I feel the pvp would be more fun if more players were around to fill them. I think parts of the world are lacking(More interiors would be nice, more then one or two similar floors repeating). I think the main and side missions need work, to repetitive, not bad but still...I would give it an 8.5/10.

Are they making another set of main missions for the 2nd season? Maybe they can improve a bit I guess.
Secret May 9, 2014 @ 12:54pm 
Originally posted by neoVictrix:
Well, game only costs what, $10 or something, $5 if it's on sale. So it's not as though it's crazy expensive to get.

Plus those that start playing when it's free will be more limited in inventory space and character slots compared to those that own the game (physical copy or digital).

Those that start after June 3rd will have 2 loadouts, 2 character slots, a maximum of 50 ark keycodes, and 35 inventory slots.

Those that buy it now will have 4 character slots, 5 loadouts, 75 maximum ark keycodes, and 70 inventory slots (with those that purchase extra inventory space still keeping it). Those that buy it now also get a grant of 1,000 Arkforge used for refining and upgrading weapons, and 30-days of a Paradise Patron Pass, which offers boosts to xp, credits, etc.

Hm,with Defiance Standard Edition i will be limited ?
neoVictrix May 9, 2014 @ 1:12pm 
Originally posted by Jovana_Stankovic:
Hm,with Defiance Standard Edition i will be limited ?
Nope, with purchasing the standard or digital deluxe (or whatever it's called) before the F2P transition you'll still get the extra inventory space, character slots, arkforge, etc, and the 30-days of Patron status.

You're only limited if you decide to not buy the game before the transition.
Last edited by neoVictrix; May 9, 2014 @ 1:13pm
Secret May 9, 2014 @ 1:13pm 
Originally posted by neoVictrix:
Originally posted by Jovana_Stankovic:
Hm,with Defiance Standard Edition i will be limited ?
Nope, with purchasing the standard or digital deluxe (or whatever it's called) before the F2P transition you'll still get the extra inventory space, character slots, arkforge, etc, and the 30-days of Patron status.

Really thanks for fast answer....Just downloading game :D....
Nanukt May 9, 2014 @ 9:52pm 
Originally posted by Jovana_Stankovic:
Originally posted by neoVictrix:
Nope, with purchasing the standard or digital deluxe (or whatever it's called) before the F2P transition you'll still get the extra inventory space, character slots, arkforge, etc, and the 30-days of Patron status.

Really thanks for fast answer....Just downloading game :D....

Don't buy the DLC its will be free on the 4th.
◆X-13◆(Owldolf Hootler) May 9, 2014 @ 10:17pm 
Originally posted by Nanukt:
Originally posted by Jovana_Stankovic:

Really thanks for fast answer....Just downloading game :D....

Don't buy the DLC its will be free on the 4th.


current dlc WONT be free, future dlcs WILL be free.
Nanukt May 10, 2014 @ 2:13am 
Originally posted by ◆X-13◆:
Originally posted by Nanukt:

Don't buy the DLC its will be free on the 4th.


current dlc WONT be free, future dlcs WILL be free.

I see, I was expecting rift style f2p :/
PR PUNISHER May 13, 2014 @ 12:03am 
Originally posted by Frosty:
Still really sad to be honest. I still play the game tho. I was one of the dumbasses that bought the collecters edtion off of gamestop day one. However your right, the games like 10$ with a endless trial yet so little people played it. I prefer buy to play games way more then this free to play crap.

The second season of the show is going to have to kick ♥♥♥ if the devs want more people to play this game.

I feel your pain, i too bought the gamestop edition.... Not happy with that investment.......
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: May 6, 2014 @ 6:47pm
Posts: 18