Defiance > General Discussions > Topic Details
Newb Hunter Apr 23 @ 1:09pm
Can internet handle this game?
I have megabit and i frequently get disconnected, on any other game i have like 80 ping but on i here... actualy i dont know what my ping is on here but thats not the point, the point is i lag and get disconnected on this game and no other game.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
jconan7777777 Apr 23 @ 2:10pm 
Welcome to Trion cloud world!
Delta Apr 23 @ 3:07pm 
With only 403 people playing, and dropping? Probably.
Its sad, eventually we won't have enough people to even do Arkfalls. Then again, I like to adventure alone in some cases, without seeing another person like me over the horizon... Mixed views.
jconan7777777 Apr 23 @ 3:27pm 
335 people playing this morning when i logged on
DoubleD Apr 23 @ 3:30pm 
It's not the internet it is Trions Hardware / Servers.
PC about 1 disconnect a night
PS3 about 3 to 4.

Originally posted by Delta:
With only 403 people playing, and dropping? Probably.
Its sad, eventually we won't have enough people to even do Arkfalls. Then again, I like to adventure alone in some cases, without seeing another person like me over the horizon... Mixed views.

This had to be one MMO that goes out of it's way to not have you interact with others.
Last edited by DoubleD; Apr 23 @ 3:31pm
Delta Apr 23 @ 3:35pm 
Originally posted by DoubleD:
It's not the internet it is Trions Hardware / Servers.
PC about 1 disconnect a night
PS3 about 3 to 4.

Originally posted by Delta:
With only 403 people playing, and dropping? Probably.
Its sad, eventually we won't have enough people to even do Arkfalls. Then again, I like to adventure alone in some cases, without seeing another person like me over the horizon... Mixed views.

This had to be one MMO that goes out of it's way to not have you interact with others.
ESO hates player to player questing and interactions.
weirdphil Apr 23 @ 5:33pm 
403? 335? Are those the Steam numbers you guys are referring to? Because that number does not include the players who bought the game physically, digitally through Trion, or through any other third-party online retailer (GMG and the like).
Delta Apr 23 @ 7:14pm 
Originally posted by weirdphil:
403? 335? Are those the Steam numbers you guys are referring to? Because that number does not include the players who bought the game physically, digitally through Trion, or through any other third-party online retailer (GMG and the like).
Number of players playing the game at the moment.
Wheter this is in a ALT tab, or by mistake, that is the number of Steam users playing Defiance.
DoubleD Apr 23 @ 7:18pm 
Most people do not use Steam to play Defiance PC version. You don't need to.
weirdphil Apr 24 @ 12:42am 
Originally posted by Delta:
Originally posted by weirdphil:
403? 335? Are those the Steam numbers you guys are referring to? Because that number does not include the players who bought the game physically, digitally through Trion, or through any other third-party online retailer (GMG and the like).
Number of players playing the game at the moment.
Wheter this is in a ALT tab, or by mistake, that is the number of Steam users playing Defiance.
Yeah, DoubleD and I are pointing out though that the numbers you guys are pulling up are only for Steam users. Steam isn't the only way that people can play the game, so that's a terrible way to figure out how many people are actually playing. You'd need direct access to Trion's server page to know exactly how much traffic this game gets, and nobody has that info but Trion. There are other retailers that sell this game like GMG, Gamersgate, Origin, Trion Worlds, etc... Buying the game through Trion will not provide you with Steam keys. There are plenty of ways for people to play Defiance without using Steam, and those numbers you see don't add up to the amount of people that are really online. That's specifically showing just the amount of Steam users playing, who could even be idling at the launcher.
Last edited by weirdphil; Apr 24 @ 12:44am
jconan7777777 Apr 24 @ 3:08am 
If they didn't have low numbers, people wouldn't be waiting for wm or looking for more than 2 or 3 purple dots. They also would have more than the same 3 or 4 people talking in chat. I have played over 500 hrs on this game and have never seen more than 20 or 30 people playing and those were at a major site.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 23 @ 1:09pm
Posts: 10