โพสต์: 14 ธันวาคม
Good grief. And let me emphasize the grief part. I am very hard pressed to hit no recommendation on any game, I can usually find redeeming qualities, but this game just wore me down, right to the bone. Even for a $5 title, I was looking for a reason to recommend it.
- The atmosphere is dark and oppressive. The story genre always has great potential, apocalyptic horror. That's about all I can say is good, the concept.
- Graphics - I have to put this in the pro column because it is a budget title, however, the graphics are more reminescent of late 90s than a 2011 title, even for 5 bucks.
- Level design is pretty good. It's very linear.
- Combat system is atrocious. You can swing a blunt object, kick or fire a gun, nothing special, nothing that requires actual skill or tactical prowess. Horrible mobility during fights. You can do a dodge roll in just about any direction, but the movement is clunky and very arkward. You will get used to it enough to become efficient. The AI enemies are predictable and redundant. No jumping, no crouching, no cover, no sneaking. Be prepared to lose your weapons after a cut scene sometimes and during chapter transitions.
- Story and Voice Acting - the dialog and voice acting is just headache inducing. It is way less than $5 title quality. The music track is WAY overdone. You get the super dramatic music when there are still enemies somewhere left to kill, but you also get it for seemingly no reason at all in a few places, and it is way over the top. And the screaming... the screaming, it's awful.
- Buggy. Several times I had to restart the checkpoint simply because I walked too close to something and got stuck inside it. I also encountered a 40+ drop in frame rate from chapter 24 to the end, it could only be semi-fixed by exiting out to the main menu and reloading the game. I never found or heard of a reason for this happening.
- GUI. there really is none. You have no health bar, your screen just gets bloody. Your health regenerates SUPER fast, you know when the blood goes away you have your health back. Sometimes you start to hear a heartbeat when you get low on health, after you regen it sometimes does not go away, that messed with my head a bit. Your PDA is mostly useless information. It's missing some real basic fundamentals in the GUI.
- Boss fights. Disappointing (especially horrible when my framerate mysteriously dropped in the late chapters). If you can aim at something and shoot it, that's it in a nutshell. You don't need to be a tactical genius to get through this.
- Poor tutorials. Hacking gives you a quick "flash" for the tutorial on how to do it, then its gone, too fast for my eyes to read it. Figure it out on your own. Sometimes it told me to hit Y when I actually needed to hit A on the controller.
This is a mess. If you decide to go for it, get it for less than 5 if you can and don't expect to get $5 worth.