Before we start
Are you looking for a decent vanilla experience? Check out our Community Official Servers! Click here to read more. We've added a few more North American servers, along with a Community Official Asian Server. Our european servers are currently undergoing maintenance, and will come online sometime next week with new IP addresses.
Found a glitch/bug within our game? We have a GitHub page! Click here[github.com]
to report it.
Are you having technical problems with our game, or if you found an extremely serious bug? Email us at ! Please include your problem/issue in the email topic. We've done some work internally to ensure a quicker and faster response to your problems.
It's been slightly over a month since we've last posted an announcement on our Community Hub, and although we've been active in posting media and such on our YouTube and Facebook pages, we know that most of you keep track of our progress through our Steam Announcements.
What's been going on
When we initially announced our future plans for 1.10, we were planning to make it one of our massive Content updates for the game. That hasn't changed. We're still aiming to bring out a large number of new Objective Maps along with an official PvP mode, and our first implementation of human NPCs.
However as time progressed, we've realized that we've bitten off more than we can chew. 1.10 is simply too big of a patch to release all together (like 1.08, zing) so in light of that, we'll be splitting the stuff that's ready into a smaller 1.09.4 patch.
What's in Patch 1.09.4
Patch 1.09.4 will contain the majority of the Code fixes and additions, along with numerous map fixes and other features that were ready for some time. It will not contain the PvP mode, and NPC functionality. But it will have the following (not a full list):
- Nightmare Mode: This mode will cater to our players who wish for a more challenging experience in NMRiH. Every step you take and every bullet you fire will matter. The undead will show up in greater numbers and are more durable. Friendly Fire damage and Infection chances have been drastically increased.
- Brain Stem functionality: This feature is only present in Nightmare Mode. If you aim and shoot towards a specific region of a zombie's head, it'll be a guaranteed 1 hit kill, regardless of whatever ammo caliber you're using. You'll have to make the choice however, if you want to wait for a clean shot with an advancing horde moving towards your location, or if you simply want to fire a few shots and quickly move on.
- Crawling Zombies: 1.09.4 will properly introduce crawling zombies; they can sneak up on you if you're not careful, and bite off your ankles!
- Map updates: We've updated most of our maps with needed fixes, and they'll show up in 1.09.4. Yes, we know about the NotLD issue, and it will be fixed in 1.09.4
- Code fixes and tweaks: We've taken the time to fix a good deal of the user submitted bug reports sent to us through GitHub and our support email. 1.09.4 will introduce these fixes (and ideally, fix a good deal of the Mac issues), along with some slight tweaks to gameplay elements introduced in Patch 1.09.0
- Weapon Variants: They're in for 1.09.4, we have a video
- Select Fire modes: We have a video for that, will show up in 1.09.4
- New weapons: A lot of them will appear in 1.10, but we're releasing a few that are ready for release, such as the Abrasive Saw
That's a small summary of what will be included in 1.09.4; it'll precede the launch of 1.10. Now, here's some media that we've posted up in our YouTube and Facebook pages.