The buzz around 4K gaming continues to grow, but can the latest hardware really deliver? And are the extra pixels worth the extra cost?
To answer those questions, we've created Fire Strike Ultra
, the world's first 4K Ultra HD benchmark, available now in the paid version of 3DMark. Sorry demo users, you'll need to upgrade if you want to run Fire Strike Ultra.
Fire Strike Ultra renders the test content at 3840 x 2160 (4K Ultra HD) before scaling the output to your PC's display resolution. This means you don't need a 4K monitor to run Fire Strike Ultra, though you will need a GPU with at least 3 GB of dedicated memory.
You will be able to search for and compare Fire Strike Ultra scores for different hardware configurations on our website. And here on Steam, there's a new Fire Strike Ultra leaderboard where you can compete for the highest score.
This is a major update that adds Fire Strike Ultra, the world's first 4K Ultra HD benchmark. Fire Strike Ultra is not available in the 3DMark free demo.New
- Added Fire Strike Ultra, a new 4K Ultra HD benchmark test. You don't need a 4K monitor to run Fire Strike Ultra, though you will need a GPU with at least 3 GB of dedicated memory.
- New design for main benchmark selection screen.
- Improved benchmark logging to assist customer support.
- 3DMark is now more robust when there is a problem identifying or monitoring the hardware in the system.
***UPDATED OCTOBER 14, 2014***
- Fixed the "Workload Single init returned error message: bad lexical cast" issue affecting some systems.