Lele Dec 20, 2013 @ 7:51pm
L4D2 Beta?
What's this?
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
kozec Dec 21, 2013 @ 2:49am 
This is madness.
Loncaros Dec 21, 2013 @ 1:26pm 
yeah I'd like to know myself, I'm pretty sure this wasn't on my library until recently.
HAL9002 Dec 24, 2013 @ 5:36am 
For windows users, the L4D2 Beta is a real 'beta', "testing stuff environment"

For Linux users: The Beta is the only way to play L4D2. Linux users cannot use the 'proper L4D2' game. That's a pitty (for me); not more than 10 folks are playing the Beta. It has been announced since June 13 that the Beta is leaving "beta status"....

My recomandations to valve / steam: Get the Liunx and windows gamer play together, or L4D2 for Linux will be dead very soon.

If I'm wrong please (Linux users are able to play the "proper game" instead of the beta stuff) correct me
kozec Dec 24, 2013 @ 6:41am 
Originally posted by HAL9002:
If I'm wrong please (Linux users are able to play the "proper game" instead of the beta stuff) correct me
For about year or half...
TheLimeyDragon Jan 10 @ 3:05pm 
Originally posted by HAL9002:
For windows users, the L4D2 Beta is a real 'beta', "testing stuff environment"

For Linux users: The Beta is the only way to play L4D2. Linux users cannot use the 'proper L4D2' game. That's a pitty (for me); not more than 10 folks are playing the Beta. It has been announced since June 13 that the Beta is leaving "beta status"....

My recomandations to valve / steam: Get the Liunx and windows gamer play together, or L4D2 for Linux will be dead very soon.

If I'm wrong please (Linux users are able to play the "proper game" instead of the beta stuff) correct me

You're wrong. :)
Gigan II Jan 11 @ 2:09pm 
They need to fix the controller support too, my friend tried using his xbox controller again, aiming is still wonky.
Loncaros Jan 12 @ 7:17am 
Originally posted by Gigan II:
They need to fix the controller support too, my friend tried using his xbox controller again, aiming is still wonky.

It's an xbox controller, what kind of aiming do you expect?
Gigan II Jan 12 @ 12:41pm 
Originally posted by Loncaros:
Originally posted by Gigan II:
They need to fix the controller support too, my friend tried using his xbox controller again, aiming is still wonky.

It's an xbox controller, what kind of aiming do you expect?
Uh, top notch aiming next to a mouse? You don't seem to quite understand. On the Xbox 360, the aiming feels very fluid, reactive and natural. Tty to use the same controller on the PC version however and it feels slow and clunky regardless of the settings, it's a known problem for this game and TF2, with all the big picture and TV readiness they've been doing, I'm surprised they have not yet fixed the controller support yet for this game.

I take it you're another keyboard/mouse master race folks, and that's fine. Mouse is superior for aiming ,there's no questioning that. But some prefer a comfortable controller with an intuitive layout to play their games, something Valve themselves is working on, which again, makes me wonder why controller support for their own game isn't fixed yet.

Loncaros Jan 18 @ 12:45am 
I actually have a 360, and you're telling fairy tales here. I played GTA IV on both xbox and pc. You know why it's feeling fluid? Auto aim. Shoot somewhere near the target, console corrects it for you.

don't use a console controller, then whine you can't hit stuff.
kozec Jan 18 @ 2:18am 
Originally posted by Loncaros:
I actually have a 360, and you're telling fairy tales here. I played GTA IV on both xbox and pc. You know why it's feeling fluid? Auto aim. Shoot somewhere near the target, console corrects it for you.
You don't actualy expecting auto-aim in multiplayer game, do you?
FeaRMine Jan 22 @ 8:53am 
Hello I am playing Left 4 Dead 2 but I dont know what I should type here so Hello!
林杯咩磅賽 Jan 24 @ 1:49am 
解釋一下好嗎
Marbaus Jan 25 @ 7:42am 
Originally posted by kozec:
Originally posted by Loncaros:
I actually have a 360, and you're telling fairy tales here. I played GTA IV on both xbox and pc. You know why it's feeling fluid? Auto aim. Shoot somewhere near the target, console corrects it for you.
You don't actualy expecting auto-aim in multiplayer game, do you?


Using a controller to aim, while there is already a good and practical tool, seems strange. I guess the use is more for preference. Mouse fluidity is what controller compainies are 'aiming' for, so it seems.
...and yes GTA V does have auto aiming in their multiplayer last time I played.
kozec Jan 25 @ 8:45am 
Originally posted by Marbaus:
...and yes GTA V does have auto aiming in their multiplayer last time I played.
GTA V is controller only, so everyone has same handicap. That's probably OK. Autoaiming in multiplayer on PC is usually sufficient reason to get banned.
casemods[ubuntu] Feb 3 @ 7:26pm 
Originally posted by kozec:
Originally posted by Marbaus:
...and yes GTA V does have auto aiming in their multiplayer last time I played.
GTA V is controller only, so everyone has same handicap. That's probably OK. Autoaiming in multiplayer on PC is usually sufficient reason to get banned.

Console plebians
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50