Here is the changelog from their official site:
January 17, 2012: Steam Build & Public Build
- Offline mode: Steam version of Miner Wars 2081 doesn't need internet connection to start and play the campaign. User doesn't need the internet at all (there's no login).
- All known script and mission bugs, crashes, invalid checkpoints, inconsistencies are now fixed
- Reduced lags in various areas (this issue was visible mostly on dual-core systems)
- Fixed - Performance issues caused by too many bots in an area (Templar sector, Junkyard, etc)
- Fixed - Marcus small ship visible in sandbox map during his time in prison
- Fixed - Crashes in Pirate Base - after re-spawning from death
- Ad-dons "Cheats" and "2.5D Experiment" are now available for free (to see Cheats, press Ctrl+F1 in game)
- Changed LOD blending algorithm - we don't use two buffers anymore. It has increased the performance by 5-10%
- Fixed - Various hardware compatibility issues, mostly with ATI graphic cards
I've tested it starting the game from Steam In OFFLINE mode from the beginning.
NO LOGIN AT ALL TO DEVELOPER'S SERVERS.
I wonder what will say now the complainers.
I think the developers should change the requirements on Steam's page and notify about the new offline mode.
In addition to that, performance now is awesome!!!
Now I'm getting no less than *smooth* 25 FPS on high quality video settings even on intense dogfights, on my low-end core2duo and NVIDIA GT240.
This is the way it should have been from the beginning....
I'm seriously thinking about replaying the whole campaign again.