Forge > General > Topic Details
Qwahzi Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:10pm
Stop spreading misinformation
1) Forge is not pay-to-win. Nothing you can purchase will give you an advantage.
2) People who bought the game before the f2p transition did not lose anything.
3) None of the classes are locked behind a pay wall.
4) The combat is very complex, and takes a while to learn.
5) Every class has a counter. Almost nothing is truly OP.
6) The user interface was redone, and has been much improved.
Last edited by Qwahzi; Dec 24, 2013 @ 12:11pm
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Qwahzi Dec 24, 2013 @ 5:48pm 
Originally posted by Hymnlock:
Can I earn all of the armor sets through time/gameplay that are available for purchase in the cash shop? Sincere question, not trolling... I've been told so many different things, my head is spinning.

The armor sets are cosmetic only (no stats), and most of them can be unlocked by playing the game (though it does take a pretty long time). I think the Bivrost set is the only one that can't be purchased with in-game currency.
Last edited by Qwahzi; Dec 24, 2013 @ 5:49pm
Incanuth Jan 6 @ 1:34am 
This post needs to stay at the top in order to ensure that newer players don't get the wrong Idea.
Rowbot (Banned) Jan 8 @ 5:40am 
1) The shop sells boosters for EXP, whether you take that as "Pay-to-Win" is at your discretion.
2) We bought a full, retail game and are now being asked to fork out more money for items that could very easilly be free - ie. cosmetics. You should, at the very least, be able to earn everything as a previously paying customer over time/EXP, but this it not the case. There should be an option to buy the game outright like we did and have access to everything or buy items a la carte and have to buy some/all of these items at the customer's discretion.
3) True
4) True
5) To my knowledge, this is true.
6) True

I would add two more:

7) Community is... we'll say not the most welcoming save for a few kind souls.
8) Customer service and moderation of forums are a joke.
Rowbot (Banned) Jan 8 @ 5:43am 
just in case this quote is deleted, to prove my point on cosmetics
Originally posted by Qwahzi:
Originally posted by Hymnlock:
Can I earn all of the armor sets through time/gameplay that are available for purchase in the cash shop? Sincere question, not trolling... I've been told so many different things, my head is spinning.

The armor sets are cosmetic only (no stats), and most of them can be unlocked by playing the game (though it does take a pretty long time). I think the Bivrost set is the only one that can't be purchased with in-game currency.
Last edited by Rowbot; Jan 8 @ 5:43am
Qwahzi Jan 8 @ 9:14pm 
Originally posted by :3 Rowbot:
1) The shop sells boosters for EXP, whether you take that as "Pay-to-Win" is at your discretion.

Paying for convenience is not pay-to-win. Nothing you can buy makes you more powerful.


Originally posted by :3 Rowbot:
2) We bought a full, retail game and are now being asked to fork out more money for items that could very easilly be free - ie. cosmetics.

No - you bought a full game, and you got a full game. You didn't lose anything that you paid for. DVG has no obligation to give you more free stuff.


Originally posted by :3 Rowbot:
You should, at the very least, be able to earn everything as a previously paying customer over time/EXP, but this it not the case.

No, you shouldn't be able to get everything for free. DVG is a business, and they're choosing to make money by selling cosmetic items. SMITE and LoL have the same business model.
Last edited by Qwahzi; Jan 8 @ 9:19pm
Kanimi Jan 11 @ 3:03am 
So what are those people that did buy the game getting? I bought the game for me and my bf and want to come back and play it but is there anything we will gain or did I waste my money?
DJ Race Mixer Jan 16 @ 9:10pm 
Originally posted by Kanimi:
So what are those people that did buy the game getting? I bought the game for me and my bf and want to come back and play it but is there anything we will gain or did I waste my money?
You didnt waste your money you supported the devs
>>baZ Jan 18 @ 7:48pm 
This game would have been kickass if it didnt seem like an alpha when it was released. bought it and was dissappointed.
funnyhow i have quite the same feeling about Battlefield 4.
Incanuth Jan 19 @ 4:19am 
Originally posted by Kanimi:
So what are those people that did buy the game getting? I bought the game for me and my bf and want to come back and play it but is there anything we will gain or did I waste my money?

I'm pretty sure if you bought the game prior to F2P you get VIP status and shadow armor.

Incanuth Jan 19 @ 4:21am 
Originally posted by >>baZ:
This game would have been kickass if it didnt seem like an alpha when it was released. bought it and was dissappointed.
funnyhow i have quite the same feeling about Battlefield 4.

The game is kickass now if you have the patience to wait for a large game. Typically new players will keep joining throughout the day and a server will fill up, until a vet comes and clears it out. I've seen videos of Forge in its release state and I can assure you it is very different now. Hop on in and give it a try. If you can't find a game add me on steam and we can do some duels while waiting for the server to fill up.
VADER™ Jan 19 @ 1:50pm 
My guess is that the people who claim the game to be pay to win have put 2hours or less into the game. The player base consists of about 3 groups of people that are usualy on depending the time. The top 100 ranked players, the average joes and the complete bambi. It's pretty rare to see a game with just new players in it, more likely to see 1 or 2 high ranked players dictating the result of the game. Getting steam rolled by someone in gold gear doesn't make it pay to win since it's a game based on skill/experience. Every class has a counter no matter how unbalanced it may appear.
Incanuth Jan 19 @ 4:17pm 
Originally posted by VAÐER™:
Every class has a counter no matter how unbalanced it may appear.
Besides the Assassin in a 1v1.
VADER™ Jan 19 @ 11:43pm 
If they decided to be a scum Assassin in a 1v1 sadly the only option is to counter Assassin them. In a team scenario it can be dealt with and made less viable.
Qwahzi Jan 20 @ 3:00pm 
Originally posted by Incanuth:
Originally posted by VAÐER™:
Every class has a counter no matter how unbalanced it may appear.
Besides the Assassin in a 1v1.

While assassins are designed to be the kings of 1v1, you're not totally helpless against them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCgu6m_p88k&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLwAJ-82sJweSbNXRxcD_dsfJ5qZ6Mg3gh
Zephonim Jan 22 @ 11:51am 
Originally posted by ;630802979485787212:
Originally posted by Kanimi:
So what are those people that did buy the game getting? I bought the game for me and my bf and want to come back and play it but is there anything we will gain or did I waste my money?

I'm pretty sure if you bought the game prior to F2P you get VIP status and shadow armor.

Correct. If you paid before f2p you get the "Starter Pack".

This pack includes:

2x XP boost for 30 days after you purchase the pack
The legendary Shadow Armor for all character classes
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50