Insurgency > Questions > Topic Details
ReCoiiLz *[C.D.T.T.] Jul 27 @ 5:59pm
needs a p90
who else agrees???
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
SwagHauler Jul 27 @ 6:05pm 
I agree on any weapon add as long as it's done right. Would need to only be effective to 200m. Do damage equal to a 9mm but have good armor penetration. Have light recoil. and a rate of fire around 1000 rpm (someone fact check me here, I've only fired an SBR semi auto). The 50 round mag did take a considerable amount of time to change (around 4 seconds timed electronically). and the bottom ejection was a mixed blessing when empties fell into your boot-top...
ReCoiiLz *[C.D.T.T.] Jul 27 @ 6:06pm 
Originally posted by SwagHauler:
I agree on any weapon add as long as it's done right. Would need to only be effective to 200m. Do damage equal to a 9mm but have good armor penetration. Have light recoil. and a rate of fire around 1000 rpm (someone fact check me here, I've only fired an SBR semi auto). The 50 round mag did take a considerable amount of time to change (around 4 seconds timed electronically). and the bottom ejection was a mixed blessing when empties fell into your boot-top...
yes im a huge fan of p90 and would love to see one added that has relastic ballistics like range like a 9mm and nice light recoil pretty much just be a close range weapon
SwagHauler Jul 27 @ 6:09pm 
I was surprised a just HOW easy it was to shoot. The one I shot had the integrated X1.6 collimeter sight with red crosshair. Now they come with a rail so you can mount whatever you like...
ReCoiiLz *[C.D.T.T.] Jul 27 @ 6:11pm 
i know i have a semi auto civilian model with 16.5 inch barrel wish i could shoot a full auto one
SwagHauler Jul 27 @ 6:21pm 
The one rifle I helped test that I was "disappointed" in was the FS2000. No better Accuracy or Velocity from it's longer bullpup, It's crossbolt safety was not Ambi. Nor was it's charging handle. No bolt hold open for empty mags. Would not fit new Lancer or Pmags (Pmags are my favorite). Had the same annoying problem that the A2 had where you couldn't always slap in a 30 round mag on a closed bolt (bolt had to be open to insert it with 30 rnds). To the incomming hate mail. YES I KNOW you just download to 29 rnds to get it to lock in. But if you tell me your mag capactity is 30 rounds, THEN BY GOD I SHOULD GET 30 F******G ROUNDS, NOT 29! I'm just saying....
Last edited by SwagHauler; Jul 27 @ 6:33pm
ReCoiiLz *[C.D.T.T.] Jul 27 @ 6:59pm 
Originally posted by SwagHauler:
The one rifle I helped test that I was "disappointed" in was the FS2000. No better Accuracy or Velocity from it's longer bullpup, It's crossbolt safety was not Ambi. Nor was it's charging handle. No bolt hold open for empty mags. Would not fit new Lancer or Pmags (Pmags are my favorite). Had the same annoying problem that the A2 had where you couldn't always slap in a 30 round mag on a closed bolt (bolt had to be open to insert it with 30 rnds). To the incomming hate mail. YES I KNOW you just download to 29 rnds to get it to lock in. But if you tell me your mag capactity is 30 rounds, THEN BY GOD I SHOULD GET 30 F******G ROUNDS, NOT 29! I'm just saying....
totally agree i love pmags too
Mr. Chang Jul 28 @ 5:55am 
I think P90 is very necessary in this game...
Originally posted by Mr. Chang:
I think P90 is very necessary in this game...

Sure, it will die without P90...

Im getting sick of all these "LOOKIT! MY IDEA FOR A WEAPON IS THE BEST!" threads.
Killjoy Jul 28 @ 8:42am 
The P90 is not used by US military or contractors. Terrorists don't get there hands on such things so no this would not be a good addition.

I keep seeing threads on weapon ideas. This game is trying to be realistic so unless the weapon is used by US military, contractors, or terrorists then it should not be in the game. This isn't CoD.
The Saint of Fuck-Ups Jul 28 @ 9:39am 
No, this game doesn't need a p90
SwagHauler Jul 28 @ 1:03pm 
Dear Killjoy:

Diplomatic Security Service, Secret Service, and Xe (formerly Blackwater) are just a few users of P90. If your talking about usage, Mini 14 has NEVER been authorized by US military (it failed both the accuracy standards and the mean-rounds-between failures tests in the 90's).The UMP has as of yet not been adopted by the military. The MP5K was used by DSS, Secret Service, and Blackwater and was replaced by P90. MP-40 is nearly non-existant in the world (should be reskinned to Swedish K or Carl Gustaf). The M1 Carbine was exported to South America and Aisa in the 60's but not the Middle East. The US and British sent Enfields but not Mosins to Afghanistan in the 70's. Where's the SVD (druganov). Why doesn't the SKS have a ten round Internal Mag loaded by stripper clips. Who on earth even remotely considers the SKS a "Designated Marksman's Rifle." It barely matches the AKM for accuracy and cannot be fitted with a scope unless modified by a gunsmith. "Unless its used by the military or a contractor" certainly doesn't apply in the game so far, does it?

Last edited by SwagHauler; Jul 28 @ 1:58pm
ReCoiiLz *[C.D.T.T.] Jul 28 @ 3:42pm 
p90 is used alot more than other guns that are in this game and it was used in operation dromo when we took out osama bin laden
Dr.Wholian? Jul 29 @ 5:17am 
Originally posted by SwagHauler:
If your talking about usage, Mini 14 has NEVER been authorized by US military (it failed both the accuracy standards and the mean-rounds-between failures tests in the 90's).The UMP has as of yet not been adopted by the military. The MP5K was used by DSS, Secret Service, and Blackwater and was replaced by P90. MP-40 is nearly non-existant in the world (should be reskinned to Swedish K or Carl Gustaf). The M1 Carbine was exported to South America and Aisa in the 60's but not the Middle East. The US and British sent Enfields but not Mosins to Afghanistan in the 70's. Where's the SVD (druganov). Why doesn't the SKS have a ten round Internal Mag loaded by stripper clips. Who on earth even remotely considers the SKS a "Designated Marksman's Rifle." It barely matches the AKM for accuracy and cannot be fitted with a scope unless modified by a gunsmith. "Unless its used by the military or a contractor" certainly doesn't apply in the game so far, does it?
Yes, the current arsenal is borked in so many ways, but I'm afraid that only serves to outline all the things which need to be fixed or replaced before more ancillary weapons are fixed or added. I would rather see all of the following before a P90:

- Mini-14 replaced with Mk12 SPR
- M16A4 replaced with M4 standard
- SKS-D replaced with Tabuk
- MP-40 replaced with Beretta M12, Sterling Mk4, or Uzi
- MP5k replaced with MP5A5 or MP5N
- M1A1 dropped
- AP ammo for 9mm and 0.45 dropped
- FAL corrected to 7.62x51mm behavior instead of 7.62x39mm
- damage and recoil behavior for all existing calibers and weapons vastly improved
- real ammo types instead of generic categories like "HP"
- M203 added
- PKM added
- Mk48 added

Really the rest of the arsenal needs fixing before we add the novelty stuff which is only used in a few real cases.

You also have to think about balance. Compared to existing SMG's, the P90 will have better accuracy, lower recoil, armor penetration, and almost twice the mag capacity. Compared to rifles, the P90 will have less armor penetration, but still equal damage to a Mk18 or AKs-74u, a tiny fraction of the recoil, and again, nearly twice the magazine capacity. The only comparable insurgent option would be a PPSH downloaded to ~60 rounds to avoid jams. The usefulness of more common military weapons would be heavily marginalized in favor of novelties which are barely used IRL, if ever.
Last edited by Dr.Wholian?; Jul 29 @ 5:19am
thefoxyone Jul 29 @ 5:43am 
I would prefer it if they stick to weapons you see on the news, ie US and Soviet kit in the main. Not sure where all those FALs came from, but you seem to see lots of those in Afghanistan, Pakistan & Iraq too.
Personally i would like to see the Val but dont think thats gonna happen really. Think a lot of that exotic WW2 & Korean era stuff should go too
Dr.Wholian? Jul 29 @ 7:41am 
Originally posted by thefoxyone:
I would prefer it if they stick to weapons you see on the news, ie US and Soviet kit in the main. Not sure where all those FALs came from, but you seem to see lots of those in Afghanistan, Pakistan & Iraq too.
Personally i would like to see the Val but dont think thats gonna happen really. Think a lot of that exotic WW2 & Korean era stuff should go too
The FAL is not nearly as common as the G3 in that region, on account of the fact that the G3 is actually fielded as the main military rifle of Iran and Pakistan. When you consider the fact that Iran funds some of the insurgent groups in Iraq, and that the Taliban was originally started by the Pakistani government, and still travels back and forth across the border into Afghanistan - that is a HUGE factor.

Also, from here:
http://fauxorfoe.com/category/7-62x51mm-nato/

"When stacked up amongst its battle-rifle buddies right now: the FAL, the M14, the French MAS49/56, and Soviet SVT, the HK G3 is by far seeing the most widespread service across the globe. Yes, the FAL was the ‘Free World’s Right Arm’ and saw more initial service than the G3 but after 1990 was rapidly replaced. At the same time the G3 was still being used in very large quantities by Pakistan, Iran, and Turkey and continues to be so to this day. A quarter million M14s were dusted off Post-9/11 by the US military and it is still in use by overseas allies such as the Philippines, but the G3 still by far outnumbers it in common service.

This is in a large part due to HK’s tendency to license rifles out to local production. The FAL was made locally in ten countries, but the G3 was produced in no less than 14, and in much more quantity...

...Its roller-delayed blowback is seen by many to be more reliable than the gas-operated piston actions of its rivals. This is borne out by the fact that the FAL was notoriously unreliable in desert conditions while the G3 has been adopted and by all accounts loved across the Middle East."


While the FAL is a more realistic choice than crap like the MP40 and M1A1, it would have still made far more sense to implement the G3 in its place.
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 27 @ 5:59pm
Posts: 21