Previous installations of Music Creator 6 Touch – Steam, created a folder ‘Cakewalk Content’ on C:\. Due to customer requests this has changed:
- New installations will reference the ‘Cakewalk Content’ folder from your ‘Steam\SteamApps\Common\Cakewalk’ or ‘SteamLibrary\Cakewalk’ directory
- Existing installations will not be affected by this change. If you would like to point the application to the new folder paths you can do this manually under Edit > Preferences > Folder Locations
Due to this change the ‘Demo Projects’ drop down is not populated in the Quick Start dialog window.
We hope that this will be resolved in a future update, for now you can do one of the following work arounds:
- Go to ‘File > Open’ and navigate to ‘Steam\SteamApps\Common\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Content\Music Creator 6\Demo Projects’ or ‘SteamLibrary\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Content\Music Creator 6\Demo Projects’ there you can open one of the files
- You can access the demo projects via the in project Media Browser. By going to ‘Music Creator 6\Demo Projects’ you can drag one of the listed files directly into a blank project. This will then open the file.
- Alternatively, under C:\ create a folder structure called “Cakewalk Content\Music Creator 6\Demo Projects’ and copy the contents of ‘Steam\SteamApps\Common\Cakewalk\Cakewalk Content\Music Creator 6\Demo Projects’ into it.