Serious Sam 3 - Update 173348 - public beta
Update 173348 for Serious Sam 3 is now available in beta "publicbeta", which does not require a password.
To install the beta, do this:
- locate the game (Serious Sam 3 in this case) in the Steam's "Library" panel
- right click and invoke "Properties"
- select the "Betas" tab
- choose "publicbeta"
It contains mostly fixes specific to the Linux and OSX versions, but the way fullscreen is handled on multimonitor configurations is changed, and this applies to Windows as well.
- CPU power saving settings are now logged on linux.
- Total and free ram are now detected on linux.
- Game will now ask the player to install the xinerama library on Linux if it's missing.
- Fullscreen can now stretch over multiple monitors in linux.
- Game window is now minimized on alt-tab when mouse is grabbed in linux. This enables alt-tab to work even with some window managers that refuse to switch apps with mouse pointer grabs.
- Non-primary monitors now turn back on after exiting from fullscreen with a different resolution.
- All platforms (instead of just Windows) now reports desktop resolution at gfx startup.
- Game now fullscreens properly on xfwm4 (xfce's window manager).
- Fixed loss of focus in Steam Big Picture on xfwm4.
- Resolution is no longer changed on Linux when switching to and from fullscreen if set resolution is equal to desktop resolution.
- Game window is no longer minimized on focus change (e.g. on alt-tab) if there are no resolution changes.
- Mouse pointer grab now confines the mouse to the game window to fix mouse movement issues on computers with multiple X screens because we cannot receive input events from a mouse on a different X screen.
- Monitors are now enumerated on Linux.
- Monitor size is no longer assumed to be equal to virtual screen size.
- Some small imprecisions in some shaders under OpenGL causing some objects to have thin silhouettes.
- Some small optimizations in shaders.
- Added handy cfunc 'prjSaveCVars()' which saves state of console variables to project's .ini file.
- Added cvar 'prf_tmGraphInterval' which control how often FPS graph is updated. (So cvar 'prf_tmRefreshInterval' no longer affects graph output and can be left alone to control FPS counter and profiler output refresh period.)
- Application restart didn't work correctly on OSX.
- Synchronizaion of Steam Workshop files on Linux/OSX was looping endlessly (always thought there is more to download).
- Fixed error message dialogs on Linux sometimes not showing up correctly.
- Fixed some problems with script that automatically installs dependencies under Linux.