CMatomic Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:11am
TF2 is too slow in my system
the game is too slow in my system
system info
Ubuntu 12.04 unity 32bit
CPU, Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz
frequency 2200.000 MHz
L2 cache 1024 KB
Ram Memory
2060 MB

Craphic Card
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT
card type PCI-E 16x
video Ram 512 MB
CUDA Cores 112
GPU Frequency 600 MHz

What kind of computer do I need to play this game ?
Last edited by CMatomic; Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:12am
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
< >
LOLCAT Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:13am 
There are no system requirements for the linux version yet. It it unplayable at 640x480 with everything on the lowest settings?
Evil Penguin Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:23am 
Which driver version?
CMatomic Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:24am 
Originally posted by LOLCAT:
There are no system requirements for the linux version yet. It it unplayable at 640x480 with everything on the lowest settings?

I can play with the lowest settings with a 1920x1080p resolution, but is a bit slow in some parts of the game, I'll try with lower resolution
CMatomic Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:25am 
Originally posted by SolidSteel:
Which driver version?

Nvidia 310.14
Evil Penguin Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:27am 
I'm guessing you're running into some serious frame drop issues?
Like it pauses for a split second here and there?
Last edited by Evil Penguin; Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:46am
[Linux] Schrödinger's cat Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:29am 
Can someone explain why Windows version with Wine works better than Native version?
CMatomic Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:34am 
Originally posted by SolidSteel:
I'm guessing you're running into some serious frame drop issues?
Like is pauses for a split second here and there?

yes like pauses , I'll try with lower resolution , but should not do that, I play other native games on linux it resolution of 1920x1080p .
Last edited by CMatomic; Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:38am
Evil Penguin Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:40am 
The pausing issue seems to be present with both AMD and nVIdia GPUs and regardless of the settings (that I've tested).
[Linux] MrSchism Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:45am 
I've seen the same thing on a slightly older card.
hickop Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:45am 
same problem occurs for me with both AMD CPU (Athlon 64 X2 dual core 4800+) and Nvidia GPU (8600GT with 310.19 driver). Game is unplayable due to stutterings. Also loading times (loading ressources) takes ages (like 5 minutes).
CMatomic Nov 20, 2012 @ 7:23am 
Originally posted by SolidSteel:
The pausing issue seems to be present with both AMD and nVIdia GPUs and regardless of the settings (that I've tested).
I forgot, serious frame drop issues it resolution of 1920x1080p.
BoTuLoX [Linux] Nov 20, 2012 @ 7:50am 
Horrible hiccups on Arch Linux 64, KDE4, compositing disabled, doesn't matter if maxed or low settings.
At max, framerates vary between the single digit and 150+.
And I really mean it. Serious, serious hiccups.

Phenom II X2 555 BE
4 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti propietary drivers.
VIVID* Nov 20, 2012 @ 8:07am 
Originally posted by Gs - BoTuLoX:
Horrible hiccups on Arch Linux 64, KDE4, compositing disabled, doesn't matter if maxed or low settings.
At max, framerates vary between the single digit and 150+.
And I really mean it. Serious, serious hiccups.

Phenom II X2 555 BE
4 GB RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti propietary drivers.

I have the same video card and I'm getting 150-300 fps with everything on maximum settings (depending on the battle). That's on Ubuntu 12.10 64bit. Are you using the nvidia 310.19 driver? If not, you may want to try that. I'm also using Unity, which supposedly has a negative impact on performance. No hiccups, no stutters, no slowdowns.
CMatomic Nov 20, 2012 @ 8:10am 
I've been testing with a lower resolution, and with all the lowest settings and game is still not playable, is slow, many stops, the game loading is very slow.
LOLCAT Nov 20, 2012 @ 8:33am 
Originally posted by tonikde:
I've been testing with a lower resolution, and with all the lowest settings and game is still not playable, is slow, many stops, the game loading is very slow.
You could try overclocking your CPU.
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Nov 20, 2012 @ 6:11am
Posts: 43