Junior s2 Camila Sep 14, 2013 @ 2:30pm
CSGO: When?
Steam has kinda lost it's magic on Linux =/
I wish there were more games, like CSGO, Portal 2 etc.
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
[Linux] dm Sep 14, 2013 @ 2:42pm 
Originally posted by GNU/Linux - Junior s2 Camila:
Steam has kinda lost it's magic on Linux =/
I wish there were more games, like CSGO, Portal 2 etc.
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. One or two days ago they released Half-Life: Source and Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, meaning that only AS, CSGO, L4D and P2 are missing. They're also working with InterWave Studios to port Nuclear Dawn. It might take some time (note that we don't know how big their Linux team is), but we'll surely get everything and more beyond our expectations if we just keep patient.
Last edited by [Linux] dm; Sep 14, 2013 @ 2:43pm
Sharp_Penguin Sep 14, 2013 @ 3:06pm 
Good Things take time remeber before the end of 2012 the only way to run steam and all their games was through wine now we can play them native not all of them yet but still more than what there was a year ago.
Oerthling Sep 14, 2013 @ 3:07pm 
Less than a year ago there wasn't even a beta of the Steam client.
Now there's a ful port of the Steam client (incl. Chat, etc...) and a couple hundred LInux games available including most of the Valve games.

Stuff takes time.
I have more Linux games now than I have time to play.

Back to EU4 ...
Doc Holliday Sep 14, 2013 @ 3:17pm 
i was happy they ported dota 2 first
Junior s2 Camila Sep 14, 2013 @ 3:35pm 
Originally posted by Linux dm:
I'm not quite sure what you're talking about. One or two days ago they released Half-Life: Source and Half-Life Deathmatch: Source, meaning that only AS, CSGO, L4D and P2 are missing. They're also working with InterWave Studios to port Nuclear Dawn. It might take some time (note that we don't know how big their Linux team is), but we'll surely get everything and more beyond our expectations if we just keep patient.
Sure it seems bigger when you have the bucks to buy new games, but I'm counting on the ones I already own.
Originally posted by Sharp_Penguin:
Good Things take time remeber before the end of 2012 the only way to run steam and all their games was through wine now we can play them native not all of them yet but still more than what there was a year ago.
I was running native Steam on November =]
Originally posted by JUSTME:
Less than a year ago there wasn't even a beta of the Steam client.
Now there's a ful port of the Steam client (incl. Chat, etc...) and a couple hundred LInux games available including most of the Valve games.

Stuff takes time.
I have more Linux games now than I have time to play.

Back to EU4 ...
Wrong. There was a beta client more than a year ago.
Originally posted by Doc Holliday:
i was happy they ported dota 2 first
I'm thinking of learning how to play it, specially now that I broke my mouse and I'm forced to play with a 5$ one LOL
RegSizedRudy Sep 14, 2013 @ 5:48pm 
Remember how they released counter strike source for linux , it was not a (beta) like the other source linux titles , it was complete and ready for primetime. I assume that is what the hold up is on CS:GO , they are waiting to release a finished product with this title , maybe the same for portal 2.
Sin Sep 14, 2013 @ 5:53pm 
A lot has happened on Steam Linux since its release, so I think given more time there'll be more coming. :-)
ΖΩΝ Sep 14, 2013 @ 6:49pm 
I'd also like to see CS:GO, but I'm more bummed that L4D2 is still a huge mess. The mic doesn't work for anyone, and a lot of people can't play multi-player due to crash to desktop at server load time. If I had purchased it after the Linux release, I'd be rather upset (as it stands, I just still boot into Windows to play...). There have been bug reports for so long I can only assume they are being ignored.

At this point, I don't really expect anything. I don't think I'll buy CS:GO when it's released on Linux anymore, since I expect it to be riddled with problems too. I just hope that the Source 2 games run smoothly.
Shark Sep 15, 2013 @ 1:36am 
I don't think Valve even knows this.
cain Sep 15, 2013 @ 2:31am 
Portal 2 is on my want list right now, I hope it comes to Linux soon, CS:GO I'm not too fussed about, but portal 2, please!!!!
Courty Jan 9 @ 12:30am 
BUMP
[Linux]sulman Jan 10 @ 7:04pm 
Originally posted by Zone:
I'd also like to see CS:GO, but I'm more bummed that L4D2 is still a huge mess. The mic doesn't work for anyone, and a lot of people can't play multi-player due to crash to desktop at server load time. If I had purchased it after the Linux release, I'd be rather upset (as it stands, I just still boot into Windows to play...). There have been bug reports for so long I can only assume they are being ignored.

At this point, I don't really expect anything. I don't think I'll buy CS:GO when it's released on Linux anymore, since I expect it to be riddled with problems too. I just hope that the Source 2 games run smoothly.

I'd heard of the mic problem (microphones have been a hassle with ALSA for as long as I've known) but I've been lucky there. I've not heard of the crashes, though. L4D2 has been pretty much perfect since beta for me.
Shark Jan 11 @ 4:31am 
Originally posted by Linuxsulman:
I'd heard of the mic problem (microphones have been a hassle with ALSA for as long as I've known) but I've been lucky there. I've not heard of the crashes, though. L4D2 has been pretty much perfect since beta for me.
Source games use Pulse for afaik.
Revelations Jan 11 @ 6:51am 
Originally posted by Linux Junior s2 Camila:
Steam has kinda lost it's magic on Linux =/

What on earth are you talking about?

- Steam client for Linux that works on just about every distro
- About 300 Steam games working natively on Linux
- Valve putting their weight behind the future of Linux and Linux gaming
- SteamOS a Linux distro made by Valve using Debian
- SteamMachines hardware sold by Valve with Linux preinstalled on it

Lost it's magic? Why? Just because of 1 freeware game (Alienswarm) that never had plans for any other OS than Windows, and 2 games that are both being worked on? Come on man...
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 14, 2013 @ 2:30pm
Posts: 42