Codrus Mar 6, 2013 @ 8:07pm
Feedback: Frustrating "feature"
It is really irritating when I have to download a 117MB update everytime I just want to play one of my games!

I shouldn't have to do this if I don't want to. Some of us have monthly bandwidth download limits btw.
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Rainbows and Kittens Mar 6, 2013 @ 8:31pm 
the games get updates some times and why is this on the linux forum ?
StarFscker Mar 6, 2013 @ 8:56pm 
I made this exact complaint 8 years ago and they pretty much said "♥♥♥♥ you".
MiTaReX Mar 6, 2013 @ 11:03pm 
If I got your problem right, you can turn auto updates off anytime for any game you want. Or did you mean Steam updates itself every launch? That's not exactly clear.
ツ MrTheSoulz™ Mar 6, 2013 @ 11:38pm 
you can stop auto updates!
right click the game and read...
SUSEd Mar 6, 2013 @ 11:49pm 
I think some games (especially MP) will not work w/o updates.
ツ MrTheSoulz™ Mar 7, 2013 @ 12:02am 
Originally posted by SUSEd:
I think some games (especially MP) will not work w/o updates.
nop they wont. but you cant still disable them.
Bänken Mar 7, 2013 @ 1:06am 
Seriously. This is a beta client. And you are complaining about updates? Why the heck are you even in the beta if you want to conserve your bandwith in the first place? Shouldn't you as a user have read the requirements and understood and agreed to there being updates and unstable service?
Zyro Mar 7, 2013 @ 1:19am 
I think we should hold our breath until he tells us if he talks about steam client updates (which should be more like 117 KB, not 117 MB) or game updates. And why he seems to be experiencing the same update every time.
Shark Mar 7, 2013 @ 1:29am 
Originally posted by Hayfever!:
Seriously. This is a beta client. And you are complaining about updates? Why the heck are you even in the beta if you want to conserve your bandwith in the first place? Shouldn't you as a user have read the requirements and understood and agreed to there being updates and unstable service?
It's not a beta.
SUSEd Mar 7, 2013 @ 1:45am 
Originally posted by Wouter:
Originally posted by Hayfever!:
Seriously. This is a beta client. And you are complaining about updates? Why the heck are you even in the beta if you want to conserve your bandwith in the first place? Shouldn't you as a user have read the requirements and understood and agreed to there being updates and unstable service?
It's not a beta.
MAybe he opted in beta updates.
ツ MrTheSoulz™ Mar 7, 2013 @ 1:46am 
Originally posted by SUSEd:
Originally posted by Wouter:
It's not a beta.
MAybe he opted in beta updates.
hes talking about game updates.
Shark Mar 7, 2013 @ 2:18am 
Imo Valve should've added an option to disable updates on all games, because now you'll have to disable it for every game separately.
ツ MrTheSoulz™ Mar 7, 2013 @ 2:19am 
Originally posted by Wouter:
Imo Valve should've added an option to disable updates on all games, because now you'll have to disable it for every game separately.
i belive you cant, go offline in steam. it should stop updates.
Shark Mar 7, 2013 @ 2:22am 
Originally posted by MrTheSoulz™:
Originally posted by Wouter:
Imo Valve should've added an option to disable updates on all games, because now you'll have to disable it for every game separately.
i belive you cant, go offline in steam. it should stop updates.
True, but you won't be able to connect to any game server even if your game is up to date.
soggof Mar 7, 2013 @ 3:10am 
If you don't want to change the properties with Steam GUI for each game you could write a script to add/set "DisableAutoUpdate" "1" on all games in config.vdf, or wait for someone to write it. Just tried to edit manually, it works. Clearly this suggestion has no warranty whatsoever ;)
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 6, 2013 @ 8:07pm
Posts: 23