Gobli Jan 28, 2013 @ 5:49pm
Fatal Error: Could not find required OpenGL entry point 'glGetError'!
I cannot run Half-Life 1, Counter Strike or Osmos. Also, Team Fortress 2 gives me: "Could not find required OpenGL entry point 'glGetError'!". I have the nvidia-experimental-310 from ubuntu-x-swat, the ia32-libs as well. I have tried with the official drivers from nvidia.com and all the packages from x-swat, but no luck at all.

Processor Information:
Vendor: GenuineIntel
Speed: 3401 Mhz
8 logical processors
4 physical processors
HyperThreading: Supported
FCMOV: Supported
SSE2: Supported
SSE3: Supported
SSSE3: Supported
SSE4a: Unsupported
SSE41: Supported
SSE42: Supported

Network Information:
Network Speed:

Operating System Version:
Linux Mint 14 Nadia (64 bit)
Kernel Name: Linux
Kernel Version: 3.5.0-17-generic
X Server vendor: The X.Org Foundation
X Server release: 11300000

Video Card:
Driver: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 560/PCIe/SSE2

Driver Version: 1.4 (2.1.2 NVIDIA 304.64)
Desktop Color Depth: 24 bits per pixel
Monitor Refresh Rate: 59 Hz
VendorID: 0x10de
DeviceID: 0x1201
Number of Monitors: 1
Number of Logical Video Cards: 1
Primary Display Resolution: 1440 x 900
Desktop Resolution: 1440 x 900
Primary Display Size: 14.57" x 9.13" (17.17" diag)
37.0cm x 23.2cm (43.6cm diag)
Primary Bus: PCI Express 16x
Primary VRAM Not Detected
Supported MSAA Modes: 2x 4x 8x 16x

Sound card:
Audio device: Realtek ALC887

Memory:
RAM: 7968 Mb

Miscellaneous:
UI Language: English
LANG: en_US.UTF-8
Microphone: Not set
Total Hard Disk Space Available: 146719 Mb
Largest Free Hard Disk Block: 117832 Mb
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
$torM!@Linux! Feb 6, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
I'm having similar issues, though in my case OpenGL games including Half-Life, Trine 2, Doom 3, Counter Strike 1.6 and UrbanTerror all work corrctly, but TF2 and CS:S throws this "Cannot find entry point!" error for me. (Using card nvidia 9800GT on 64-bit Arch Linux with 32 bit nvidia-utils package installed for compatibility, driver version 313.18 (with same result on the 310.xx drivers)).

I don't understand how it can be that my other games are using OpenGL with no problems (particularly Half-Life) but TF2 and CS:S can't even hook into this basic GL function. Hrm.
VitaminD Feb 8, 2013 @ 7:44am 
I just downloaded Counter Strike: Source on my Fedora x86_64 install with LXDE and I too got the same error when starting the game "Could not find required OpenGL entry point 'glGetError'! Either your video card is unsupported, or your OpenGL driver needs to be updated".


System Info:

AMD FX-8150 8 core @ 3.6 GHz
Memory: 32 GB
ASUS MATRIX-HD7970-P-3GD5 Radeon HD 7970

Gfx driver:
Name : akmod-catalyst
Arch : x86_64
Version : 13.1
Release : 1.fc18.1
VitaminD Feb 8, 2013 @ 8:43am 
Alright, I solved my problem was missing some 32-bit packages. Here's what I installed:

sudo yum install xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-devel.i686 xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-libs.i686
RocketMan Feb 19, 2013 @ 9:51am 
Originally posted by VitaminD NoMic/Linux:
Alright, I solved my problem was missing some 32-bit packages. Here's what I installed:

sudo yum install xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-devel.i686 xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-libs.i686

I also add the same problem as you on F18. Your solution worked like a charm, thanks.
Exagone313 May 15, 2013 @ 9:46am 
I have not yum (on Ubuntu 12.04) but I have ever installed last beta nvidia drivers (with jockey-gtk). How can I solve this problem ?
Last edited by Exagone313; May 15, 2013 @ 9:46am
[Linux] Junior s2 Camila May 15, 2013 @ 11:16am 
Originally posted by Exagone313:
I have not yum (on Ubuntu 12.04) but I have ever installed last beta nvidia drivers (with jockey-gtk). How can I solve this problem ?
You installed them manually?
Exagone313 May 15, 2013 @ 11:53am 
No, with jockey-gtk.
Mega Jun 8, 2013 @ 8:19pm 
Originally posted by VitaminD music:
I just downloaded Counter Strike: Source on my Fedora x86_64 install with LXDE and I too got the same error when starting the game "Could not find required OpenGL entry point 'glGetError'! Either your video card is unsupported, or your OpenGL driver needs to be updated".


System Info:

AMD FX-8150 8 core @ 3.6 GHz
Memory: 32 GB
ASUS MATRIX-HD7970-P-3GD5 Radeon HD 7970

Gfx driver:
Name : akmod-catalyst
Arch : x86_64
Version : 13.1
Release : 1.fc18.1

You saved me a lot of time.
Thanks a ton!
Farrow Oct 18, 2013 @ 1:31am 
I'm having the same problem, I just installed Ubuntu 13.10 and downloaded Counter Strike Source, but when I try opening it it gives me that error, it was working fine on Windows. I haven’t been able to try downloading the sudo yum install xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-devel.i686 xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-libs.i686 because I have no idea what that is and where to download it from.Some help would be great.
P.S I'm sorry for being such a noob I'm more of a console gamer I'm new to PC
JaMmyJaMjAmMaN Dec 20, 2013 @ 5:40pm 
"sudo" means the same thing as getting administrator privileges on windows. "yum" is referring to the thing which installs/ updates all your programs. Ubuntu doesn't use "yum install", but instead uses "apt-get install". "xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-devel.i686 xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-libs.i686 " are the packages you are trying to install. These look like they're for AMD graphics cards. Btw I'm using nvidia 331 drivers with bumblebee on linuxmint 16 with gt630m graphics, and still haven't found a solution to this problem
Last edited by JaMmyJaMjAmMaN; Dec 20, 2013 @ 5:42pm
OptiJack Dec 21, 2013 @ 6:17am 
Originally posted by Animosity:
I'm having the same problem, I just installed Ubuntu 13.10 and downloaded Counter Strike Source, but when I try opening it it gives me that error, it was working fine on Windows. I haven’t been able to try downloading the sudo yum install xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-devel.i686 xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-libs.i686 because I have no idea what that is and where to download it from.Some help would be great.
P.S I'm sorry for being such a noob I'm more of a console gamer I'm new to PC

If you go into the terminal by pressing ctrl alt T and then type sudo yum install xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-devel.i686 xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-libs.i686
SudoAptGetPlay Dec 23, 2013 @ 10:16am 
Originally posted by OptiJack:
Originally posted by Animosity:
I'm having the same problem, I just installed Ubuntu 13.10 and downloaded Counter Strike Source, but when I try opening it it gives me that error, it was working fine on Windows. I haven’t been able to try downloading the sudo yum install xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-devel.i686 xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-libs.i686 because I have no idea what that is and where to download it from.Some help would be great.
P.S I'm sorry for being such a noob I'm more of a console gamer I'm new to PC

If you go into the terminal by pressing ctrl alt T and then type sudo yum install xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-devel.i686 xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-libs.i686

Did you read his post entirely?
He's using ubuntu (using apt ), not fedora (using yum). So the correct code is:

sudo apt-get install xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-devel.i686 xorg-x11-drv-catalyst-libs.i686
Letalis Sonus Dec 23, 2013 @ 11:18am 
Originally posted by SudoAptGetPlay:
So the correct code is:
Well, where should I start... wrong syntax (architecture suffix is separated with ':', not '.'), wrong packages (completely different package management systems, completely different naming conventions), wrong architecture suffix ('i386' instead of 'i686') - and last but not least: Ubuntu does not split up its proprietary driver packages, 32bit libraries are always included within the 64bit packages!
SudoAptGetPlay Jan 1 @ 2:19pm 
Idd sorry i wrote too fast. I was just correcting the 'yum install'. I haven't verified the packages. My bad :(
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 28, 2013 @ 5:49pm
Posts: 14