gutigen o) Jan 22, 2013 @ 8:29am
[Poll] Which game engine would you like to see ported to Linux?
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
gutigen o) Jan 22, 2013 @ 8:44am 
Old engines work great under WINE, no need for ports (and wasting devs time). Keep this thread about those 3 engines.
Metaphorical Leaf Jan 22, 2013 @ 9:16am 
Unreal 3. It's so widely used compared to the others in that poll. We'd see a larger variety of ports from it, and I would love to see games like Mass Effect and UT3 running natively.
El Pollo Santos Jan 22, 2013 @ 10:33am 
Looking towards the future I would love to see the upcoming UT4 engine, not only does Fortnite look awesome it would be great to see new games ported.
SuperJ Jan 22, 2013 @ 10:42am 
Unreal Engine 3 has already been ported!
TinyGrasshopper Jan 22, 2013 @ 1:49pm 
Cryengine 3 and Unreal Engine 3 have already been ported. Now all we need is the games. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA4Mjk http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTI1ODE
Last edited by TinyGrasshopper; Jan 22, 2013 @ 1:49pm
gutigen o) Jan 22, 2013 @ 3:23pm 
Originally posted by TinyGrasshopper:
Cryengine 3 and Unreal Engine 3 have already been ported. Now all we need is the games. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA4Mjk http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTI1ODE

Yea well, this isn't anything official. Blizz has WoW for Linux too and it doesn't matter. We talk about full support here.
Agent Mulder Jan 22, 2013 @ 4:47pm 
While it is true that this or that game runs great under WINE, the point is that we want ALL the games to run Natively under Linux. So lets get all the Valve Complete games next.
gutigen o) Jan 23, 2013 @ 1:58am 
Originally posted by Agent Mulder:
While it is true that this or that game runs great under WINE, the point is that we want ALL the games to run Natively under Linux. So lets get all the Valve Complete games next.

yea cool, but I'd prefer Valve to focus on modern and future Linux ports first and set GoldScr as lowest possible priority to not waste time on it. :)
Admiral Spooks Jan 23, 2013 @ 7:08am 
Originally posted by TinyGrasshopper:
Cryengine 3 and Unreal Engine 3 have already been ported. Now all we need is the games. http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA4Mjk http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTI1ODE

Oh damn, I didn't know this. Dungeon Defenders has an official Linux port? That's one of my favorite games.

Maybe someday I can stop booting into Windows. It's really exciting to see all the developments for gaming on Linux. It's happening pretty fast.
Last edited by Admiral Spooks; Jan 23, 2013 @ 7:08am
-FwG- ^ Bucky21659 Jan 23, 2013 @ 10:47am 
I want GoldSrc,
but if they do that they need to fix the server list bug, where you have fake servers that say they're running de_inferno with 27-32 players but when you join it's 2/10 on dust2.
arc| Gps Jan 23, 2013 @ 1:49pm 
Red Ring[3] engine
(Unreal Engine 3 with a new renderer)[4]

So I can play Aliens colonial marines on Linux :)
thetargos Jan 25, 2013 @ 1:44pm 
Unreal Engine 3 has already been ported, IdTech 5 has already been ported, only one missing really is CryTech 3 engine :D
gutigen o) Jan 25, 2013 @ 2:54pm 
Originally posted by thetargos:
Unreal Engine 3 has already been ported, IdTech 5 has already been ported, only one missing really is CryTech 3 engine :D

IdTech 4 not 5 was ported, UE3 - only one game was ported.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jan 22, 2013 @ 8:29am
Posts: 14