omeara4pheonix Dec 9, 2012 @ 6:55pm
Dual Monitors
I have a dual monitor setup on an nvidia gtx550ti card (one vga monitor 1440x900 and one hdmi monitor 1080p) set up using twinview. When i launch TF2 the game only opens on one monitor which is good but it is not on my primary hdmi monitor it is on the vga one. also the mouse selects items that are not directly under the cusor (screenshot: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3y-REHHcD42VUNmTjdlXzVQMjg). I think that this problem has to do with the fact that that screen is shorter than the true screen area and if i can move the game to the hdmi monitor which is as tall as the true screen area then this problem will not occur. any incite on this problem would be appreciated

linux mint 13
kde
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
omeara4pheonix Dec 9, 2012 @ 7:08pm 
upon further research i found a workaround here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/221410/discussions/0/882965239604164388/
it involves defining a hotkey to move the window to another monitor and it solved the problem (for future information) i would still love a way to make it launch on the screen i want without having to make a custom launch shortcut (though i guess i could)
pxc Dec 10, 2012 @ 6:56am 
Do you have your primary monitor set correctly within Nvidia's control panel, under the TwinView settings? You can select a primary monitor.

Which monitor gets the BIOS at boot?
HerrGnatz Dec 10, 2012 @ 7:00am 
Setting a primary monitor in the Nvidia control panel doesn't help. TF2 always opens on the leftmost monitor it seems.
Letalis Sonus Dec 10, 2012 @ 1:18pm 
TwinView is obsolete btw, it has been entirely removed with the 3xx drivers. The driver now has proper RandR support like all the other drivers.
omeara4pheonix Dec 12, 2012 @ 1:28pm 
Originally posted by pxc:
Do you have your primary monitor set correctly within Nvidia's control panel, under the TwinView settings? You can select a primary monitor.

Which monitor gets the BIOS at boot?
the hdmi is primary in twinview
the vga gets bios


Originally posted by Letalis Sonus:
TwinView is obsolete btw, it has been entirely removed with the 3xx drivers. The driver now has proper RandR support like all the other drivers.
I have the newest drivers stright from nvidia but i cant get randr to work correctly just twinview
jordsti Dec 12, 2012 @ 1:53pm 
Same problem here, I Setted my default monitor on VGA (in KDE control panel which configure my xorg.conf) and TF2 start maximized on my DVI. My BIOS output is on DVI, so i guess my BIOS is setting DVI by default. Maybe, Valve could add settings to set which screen we want to set by default for OpenGL Output.
Free Bullets Dec 12, 2012 @ 2:32pm 
Same problem. TF2 uses my left, non-primary monitor. My main monitor's resolution, 1440x900 is not listed. I guess I'll have to disable my left monitor when I want to play.
omeara4pheonix Dec 12, 2012 @ 3:18pm 
Originally posted by Smoker:
Same problem. TF2 uses my left, non-primary monitor. My main monitor's resolution, 1440x900 is not listed. I guess I'll have to disable my left monitor when I want to play.
try the method i posted above and use your full screen macro to take the game out of then back in full screen after moving it
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 9, 2012 @ 6:55pm
Posts: 8