Ninoslayer Dec 9, 2012 @ 11:09am
Trine 2 Gamepad
I have purchased Trine 2 and trying to play it with a game pad. Trine 2 recognized game pad as "USB Controller Device" but i can't select and play with it does anyone have a solution for this? I have googled some and find a tool for windows named "x360ce" it emulates the game pad as a xbox controller.
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Eric Dec 9, 2012 @ 3:05pm 
I have a Logitech Gamepad F310 which shows up as a generic xbox controller. It mostly works, except that the game is convinced that one of the triggers is being held down constantly, and all the right joystick axes were reversed by default.
Olorin Dec 9, 2012 @ 3:43pm 
Originally posted by EricL:
I have a Logitech Gamepad F310 which shows up as a generic xbox controller. It mostly works, except that the game is convinced that one of the triggers is being held down constantly, and all the right joystick axes were reversed by default.

Same issue with F510, but not related to Steam. Forward this to Frozenbyte.
Ninoslayer Dec 10, 2012 @ 12:52am 
Yes odahlum you are right. There is a think called xboxdrv i can't figure out how to use it but you should try too. There is a good man page on the site.
TuxPlay Dec 10, 2012 @ 11:31pm 
Same here with Log dual action gamepad
Last edited by TuxPlay; Dec 11, 2012 @ 10:49am
Benjamin Dec 11, 2012 @ 1:16am 
Yeah, xboxdrv works for this. Trine (1 and 2) have some of the most broken joystick config out there. It seems to work OK with standard wired Microsoft OEM 360 controllers, so we can use xboxdrv to mimic that. For those on Ubuntu, thee quick and dirty way to get xboxdrv going is to:

1. Install xboxdrv (Version in Ubuntu 12:10 repos is fine. 12.04 might want to get from PPA).
2. Open the /etc/rc.local file for editing. In a terminal type "sudo gedit /etc/rc.local"
3. Add these two lines at the end (before "exit 0"):
rmmod xpad
xboxdrv --silent --mimic-xpad

Explanation: things you put in the rc.local file will automatically run when your computer boots. The first line removes the default xpad module (driver), and the second line starts xboxdrv. The "--mimic-xpad" option makes it appear to be a standard wired xbox360 controller, which works fine with Trine2 (and also other games, like Team Fortress 2).
Please be aware that this really is a quick and dirty way to get it going, and may not account for things like hotplugging, or more than one controller. Xboxdrv is really powerful and flexible, but it does need some configuration to get going.

This should work with the Logitech pads too, but let me know if not. Xboxdrv does have the ability to expose any generic usb joystick as an xbox360 controller, so with the right config its possible.
Last edited by Benjamin; Dec 11, 2012 @ 1:21am
Olorin Dec 11, 2012 @ 7:31am 
Originally posted by m.zaki.bilgi:
Yes odahlum you are right. There is a think called xboxdrv i can't figure out how to use it but you should try too. There is a good man page on the site.

Thanks, I'll look into it as it's an requirement to actually play the game the way it was intended.
Ninoslayer Dec 15, 2012 @ 10:40am 
Thank you Benjamin with your code piece i got my logitech f310 working probably all gamepads works with this command. I wrote here how i do :
sudo xboxdrv --type xbox360 --device-by-path 002:004 --mimic-xpad
with this command I got all my axis working correctly with out --mimic-xpad they don't work correctly. --device-by-path par is BUS:DEVICE that you got from lsusb command from terminal. For example:
lsusb
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver

This is my mouse BUS=002 Device=003
These number changes computer to computer.
UbuntuAddicted Feb 18, 2013 @ 10:01am 
Originally posted by m.zaki.bilgi:
Thank you Benjamin with your code piece i got my logitech f310 working probably all gamepads works with this command. I wrote here how i do :
sudo xboxdrv --type xbox360 --device-by-path 002:004 --mimic-xpad
with this command I got all my axis working correctly with out --mimic-xpad they don't work correctly. --device-by-path par is BUS:DEVICE that you got from lsusb command from terminal. For example:
lsusb
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 046d:c52b Logitech, Inc. Unifying Receiver

This is my mouse BUS=002 Device=003
These number changes computer to computer.
your instructions seem to work, it actually shows input when i move the analog sticks and press buttons within the terminal in which I entered the above command in BUT it doesn't work within Team Fortress 2. i ran both commands, exec 360controller and exec 360controller-linux but the controller still doesn't work. I am using Xubuntu 12.04.1 with kernel 3.7.0-030700-generic. Can you help me?
Ninoslayer Feb 20, 2013 @ 12:13pm 
There is something wrong with Trine 2 gamepad contorol other games like Serious Sam III Team Fortress and many work fine with just plug gamepad in and play. Bastion too for example but with trine 2 u must use xboxdrv to get it work. Maybe with a bug report they can fix it I dont think it is a big problem
UbuntuAddicted May 5, 2013 @ 7:02am 
Originally posted by Ninoslayer:
There is something wrong with Trine 2 gamepad contorol other games like Serious Sam III Team Fortress and many work fine with just plug gamepad in and play. Bastion too for example but with trine 2 u must use xboxdrv to get it work. Maybe with a bug report they can fix it I dont think it is a big problem
what linux version are you using and such. i can't get the xbox 360 controller to work at all. I'd love to get it to work with TF2 and Serious Sam 3 BFE.
[N.L.] Sam May 23, 2013 @ 12:34pm 
This my post help for you.
ericramos1990 Aug 31, 2013 @ 8:50am 
GAMEPAD MAPPER!

Hey guys, I have been emailing some guy who has been working on a joystick mapper similar to qjoypad, but I have asked for a feature which will make it playable for games like Trine 2.

It is called "spring" which returns the joystick back to the center, which would work with games like trine 2. Please check it out it is called antimicro and it is still in development.
If you use a gamepad mapper like qjoypad, you should definitely consider replacing it, it is much easier to use!

Download it at
http://www.ryochan7.com/projects/antimicro/

I am honestly just trying to help this guy out since he has been listening to my suggestions, I would love to hear yours too!
[N.L.] Sam Aug 31, 2013 @ 11:16am 
GUI for xboxdrv?
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Dec 9, 2012 @ 11:09am
Posts: 13