I have been trying to use a consistent method to have a USB Wired Xbox360 controller working with Steam Games in Wine.And the only method that worked for me is the following. I'm not talking about Keyboard-Mouse remapping of course.
2)Then copy at the root of the folder where the executable reside ,in the steam folder the following files:
ex: /home/rcmn/PlayOnLinux's virtual drives/AssassinsCreed/drive_c/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/Assassins Creed
3) install xboxdrv
4) connect the USB Wired Xbox360 controller
5) run in a terminal:
sudo xboxdrv --silent --detach-kernel-driver --trigger-as-button --ui-axismap x2=ABS_Z,y2=ABS_RZ --ui-buttonmap A=BTN_B,B=BTN_X,X=BTN_A,TR=BTN_THUMBL,TL=BTN_MODE,GUIDE=BTN_THUMBR
Worked with :
- Assassins Creed (Steam version) (need to be activated in the option menu)
- Dishonored (Steam version)
- deus ex - human revolution (Steam Version)
-Tomb Raider (2013)
Did not work with:
- Rayman Origins (Steam version). I tried many options but I can't get to work ,even when I push the reset function in the options menu. It does not remap to the gamepad like it should.If anyone Has any suggestions I'll be happy to hear them.
I'll add games.