Bouffe Ton Galil ! 777 Jun 11 @ 5:40am
Can't Enable Multi-Core in X Server Settings =(
Hi, i have see in the Control Panel the temperatur while playing but the only core that are heat is the first(80+°C vs 32 °C for the 2nd) and i lose precious framerate =(
Anyone Know how i can enable this f***ing Multi-Core ?(sorry but i searched but i don't have finded)
Thanks =)
The card is a GTX 690 and i use the NVIDIA Drivers.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Zyro Jun 11 @ 6:32am 
That's strange, even with single threaded execution the core that's used should change every now and then (AFAIK several times a second).
LOLCAT Jun 11 @ 8:41am 
I don't know how it is for nvidia cards, but logic suggest that you should have an SLI option in the control panel which has to be enabled.
Bouffe Ton Galil ! 777 Jun 11 @ 8:56am 
Originally posted by LOLCAT:
I don't know how it is for nvidia cards, but logic suggest that you should have an SLI option in the control panel which has to be enabled.
i searched ANYWHERE In the control panel and there Nothing for SLI =(
LOLCAT Jun 11 @ 8:59am 
I found this by Google search. It may be ancient but worth a try: ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/177.68/README/chapter-25.html
Bouffe Ton Galil ! 777 Jun 11 @ 9:12am 
Originally posted by LOLCAT:
I found this by Google search. It may be ancient but worth a try: ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/177.68/README/chapter-25.html
Thanks but how i can access the X Configuraiton file ?
LOLCAT Jun 11 @ 9:58am 
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
Oerthling Jun 11 @ 1:20pm 
Probably nothing there on a modern distro.
So you likely have to create one.
The conf file has been made optional years ago.

Perhaps this is helpful:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/217758/how-to-make-an-xorg-conf-file
Last edited by Oerthling; Jun 11 @ 1:25pm
Bouffe Ton Galil ! 777 Jun 11 @ 1:21pm 
Originally posted by LOLCAT:
/etc/X11/xorg.conf
In the directory there no xorg.conf file =(
I tried CTRL + H for hide/ un hide hidden files but htere nothing named xorg.conf
Bouffe Ton Galil ! 777 Jun 11 @ 1:22pm 
Originally posted by Oerthling:
Probably nothing there on a modern distro.
So you likely have to create one.
The conf file has been made optional years ago.
but how i enable multi core so ?
Oerthling Jun 11 @ 1:29pm 
AFAIK you can still use a xorg.conf file - it's not needed for typical use anymore - but AFAIK it's still supported and can be used to configure your graphics card.
I haven't used it in half a decade though.

I'll have a look at my 660M when I'm home.
Bouffe Ton Galil ! 777 Jun 11 @ 2:13pm 
Originally posted by Oerthling:
AFAIK you can still use a xorg.conf file - it's not needed for typical use anymore - but AFAIK it's still supported and can be used to configure your graphics card.
I haven't used it in half a decade though.

I'll have a look at my 660M when I'm home.
Ok
Bouffe Ton Galil ! 777 Jun 11 @ 9:02pm 
when i have mouse over the button quit of the configuration program they mentioned a file named ".nvidia-settings-rc" but i founded nothing related to SLI or Multi-GPU/Core in the file(text) =(
Kranky K. Krackpot Sr. Jun 12 @ 7:42am 
Generally, X now is clever enough to configure itself for ordinary use without config files. Or maybe you have /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d dir, and config files are in it. Anyway, this RTFM is really worth reading http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.7/doc/man/man5/xorg.conf.5.xhtml

You might create (as root) a new xorg.conf file in /etc/X11 dir, and put something like this:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Card0"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "Multi-GPU" "on"
EndSection
and restart X. Hopefully, it'll work out (I'm not sure, I dont have a dual-gpu card).

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/337.25/README/sli.html
this is about sli and multi-gpu on 337.25 driver (much the same as for 177.68, I think)
Last edited by Kranky K. Krackpot Sr.; Jun 12 @ 7:45am
Bouffe Ton Galil ! 777 Jun 12 @ 8:04am 
Originally posted by Kranky K. Krackpot IIX:
Generally, X now is clever enough to configure itself for ordinary use without config files. Or maybe you have /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d dir, and config files are in it. Anyway, this RTFM is really worth reading http://www.x.org/releases/X11R7.7/doc/man/man5/xorg.conf.5.xhtml

You might create (as root) a new xorg.conf file in /etc/X11 dir, and put something like this:
Section "Device"
Identifier "Card0"
Driver "nvidia"
Option "Multi-GPU" "on"
EndSection
and restart X. Hopefully, it'll work out (I'm not sure, I dont have a dual-gpu card).

ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/337.25/README/sli.html
this is about sli and multi-gpu on 337.25 driver (much the same as for 177.68, I think)
I'm don't know what is Root. (Yes i'm a noob)
Can you explain me exactly what to do ? Thanks.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50