FAQ Age of Empires II: HD Edition Support Questions
b]When will I be able to FINALLY start playing AOEII: HD?
- The game will officially unlock for pre-purchasers on Steam at approximately 10AM Pacific time (GMT -7), April 5th, 2013.
- The game is also now available for pre-loading (updated 11:40am PST)
HELP!!!! I've pre-purchased the game, but it is not showing in my Steam Library - WHERE IS MY GAME!?
- Sometimes it takes a few hours for a game to show in the Steam library, so be patient. When you post in the AOEII:HD community hub, if you see a little mouse beside your name in your post, it means that Steam knows you have pre-purchases your copy.
- (You may have your library set to show only *installed* games, so check that if you still are not seeing the game after a few hours)
- If you pre-purchased the game and it does *not* appear in your library tomorrow after the unlock, please wait for a bit and check again. If nothing changes, please submit a ticket to *STEAM* as they are the only ones who can help you.
My launcher looks funny!
- If your launcher has turned into the hulk and burst out of the frame, don’t worry! This is actually a side effect of using a non-standard resolution DPI scaling on your system, and straightforward to fix. Just right click on your desktop and go to “screen resolution”. Click the text that says “Make text and other items larger or smaller” and select either 100% of 150%. It may require a quick system reboot, but you should see the launcher properly now. (If you prefer an oddball scaling, you can of course continue to use the launcher in hulk form & play the game.)
My mouse keeps sliding off my second screen when using multiple monitors!
- Under options, uncheck "fullscreen"
- hit alt + shift + enter
Last edited by KittyChix; Apr 5, 2013 @ 1:47pm
Date Posted: Apr 4, 2013 @ 11:47am