Age of Empires II: HD Edition

Age of Empires II: HD Edition

View Stats:
This topic has been locked
onfire55  [developer] May 23, 2017 @ 2:15pm
Patch Notes - 5.4 (Open Beta) Discussion
Patch 5.4 is ready for Open Beta! Thank you for your ongoing feedback and support as we strive to improve the quality of this game! In this Open Beta we have addressed two desyncs involving missed updates to the players World Time, improved the user experience for a rare memory crash and fixed a handful of community concerns.

We look forward to hearing your feedback and we will continue to monitor the forums and this discussion thread!

Below are the issues that have been addressed in this 5.4 Open Beta:

Stability Fixes:
  • Loading into game should no longer desync if a player has not received the correct update to their World Time setting.
  • Gameplay should no longer desync if a player has missed the update to their World Time setting. If a player has missed the update we now provide additional time for the player to receive that update.
  • Encountering a memory crash when the window is resetting should now bring up a warning popup rather than crash to the desktop.

Community Focused Bug Fixes:
  • Lock teams should function correctly for custom campaigns.
  • Allied positions are no longer unintentionally revealed for custom campaigns.
  • Population limit is now respected in scenarios.
  • AI colours should now appear correctly in scenarios.
  • Colour settings in multiplayer should now appear correctly in scenarios.
  • Berber Camels should now function correctly after loading into a saved game.
  • Berber Camels should now regenerate correctly in a recorded game.
  • Viewing the Tech Tree in Spanish should now be formatted correctly.
Last edited by onfire55; May 23, 2017 @ 2:30pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 140 comments
123 May 23, 2017 @ 2:20pm 
было бы неплохо сделать отдельные сервера для сети. это бы убрало лаги и снизило пинг для игроков с нормальной скоростью интернета. сейчас и раньше из-за одного игрока страдают все, пора это решить

It would be nice to make separate servers for the network. It would have removed the lags and lowered the ping for players with normal Internet speed. Now and earlier because of one player everyone suffers, it's time to decide this
SG_FoNG May 23, 2017 @ 2:56pm 
Another nice step forward. Great work and looking forward to turther imrpovements.
-Dare Devil/x/ May 23, 2017 @ 3:09pm 
Originally posted by Coffee:
Another nice step forward. Great work and looking forward to turther imrpovements.

-Aye, I agree.
hbarudi May 23, 2017 @ 3:41pm 
A new set of comments for upcoming 5.4. Stability and bugfixes patch.
harooooo May 23, 2017 @ 4:40pm 
@Mr.Shlyapa i think that aoe2 still uses peer to peer connection between players in multiplayer games, servers are only used to find games hosted in the lobby afaik
nate_e May 23, 2017 @ 4:53pm 
Is this an "Open Beta" that I have to opt into? Because my betas tab says I'm still under 5.3 and no 5.4 is on the drop-down list.
Originally posted by nate_e:
Is this an "Open Beta" that I have to opt into? Because my betas tab says I'm still under 5.3 and no 5.4 is on the drop-down list.
You need to re-login steam account to refresh the Open-beta version.
2Konata Izumi May 23, 2017 @ 5:24pm 
Hi, I would like to report another bug for the custom scenario. If you have a Vietnamese ally or playing as a Vietnamese, their team bonus of Imperial Skirmishers will not trigger. That same with the Berbers in the lesser degree. The Berbers or a civilization allied with the Berbers will have access to Genitours, but not the Elite upgrade. Here's a screen as proof. I was wondering if you guys can look into this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=931688948
Last edited by 2Konata Izumi; May 23, 2017 @ 5:28pm
Guys i cant found any game at the multiplayer, WTF? I have already installed the new patch and in the game it says that i am playing 5.4.1 version. Any ideas?
gr1m May 23, 2017 @ 6:39pm 
Super excited to discover that triggers now correctly respect player colour settings. That alone makes this patch a win in my books.
SG_FoNG May 23, 2017 @ 6:45pm 
Originally posted by Me matan Limon:
Guys i cant found any game at the multiplayer, WTF? I have already installed the new patch and in the game it says that i am playing 5.4.1 version. Any ideas?

only people that have 5.4 will show up. And I'm sure that won't be many at all.
عثمان May 23, 2017 @ 6:56pm 
Will I be recieving these updates if i buy the base game only (without the DLCs) ?
♛ | gilb_4 May 23, 2017 @ 7:42pm 
Guys can you fix the bug around the Mod Manager not recognising files in the drs sounds folder?
kud13 May 23, 2017 @ 8:43pm 
Tried testing the Locked Diplo feature, does not seem to be working, still. After a trigger forces AI to become Ally, in less than a minute it switches back to Enemy and demands tribute to re-ally.
CheeseOnToast May 23, 2017 @ 8:57pm 
Originally posted by 2Konata Izumi:
Hi, I would like to report another bug for the custom scenario. If you have a Vietnamese ally or playing as a Vietnamese, their team bonus of Imperial Skirmishers will not trigger. That same with the Berbers in the lesser degree. The Berbers or a civilization allied with the Berbers will have access to Genitours, but not the Elite upgrade. Here's a screen as proof. I was wondering if you guys can look into this.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=931688948

Thanks for the report, will be looked into!


Originally posted by Usmania:
Will I be recieving these updates if i buy the base game only (without the DLCs) ?

Yes, DLC's are not required to recieve updates.


Originally posted by kud13:
Tried testing the Locked Diplo feature, does not seem to be working, still. After a trigger forces AI to become Ally, in less than a minute it switches back to Enemy and demands tribute to re-ally.

Can you verify that you are running patch 5.4 and whether the button in the diplomacy window are greyed out?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 140 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: May 23, 2017 @ 2:15pm
Posts: 140