Towns > General Discussions > Topic Details
Ghost May 12 @ 10:43am
Is it even legal for Steam to continue selling this game?
Topic
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Solo Solitaire (Banned) May 12 @ 2:46pm 
Valve is a very smart company and employees lawyers. I'm sure they feel the risk is minimal and they've made lots of money from it.
Cyborgt May 12 @ 2:55pm 
Yes, it's legal to sell this game. It's technically a functioning product even if it is terrible.
Zs4sZB0t May 13 @ 2:03pm 
Hmm, two years ago pretty much the same happened to Legends of Pegasus: The developer went bankrupt, further development of the game was discontinued and after a public outcry from infuriated buyers that game was taken down.
http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33169238
It is in fact legal for them to still sell Towns, but if the public outcry here would be big enough again, I think Valve would also react in that case.
Originally posted by Zs4sZB0t:
Hmm, two years ago pretty much the same happened to Legends of Pegasus: The developer went bankrupt, further development of the game was discontinued and after a public outcry from infuriated buyers that game was taken down.
http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?p=33169238
It is in fact legal for them to still sell Towns, but if the public outcry here would be big enough again, I think Valve would also react in that case.

It's funny to read this other thread on Legends of Pegasus:
http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2872947

The OP in that thread reminds me of so many people in the Castle Story forums making excuses for the devs.
Songbird May 14 @ 10:51am 
Depending on the country you live in, steam is entirely illegal and you can pretty much refund every penny you spent here.
Last edited by Songbird; May 14 @ 10:51am
Locklave (Banned) May 14 @ 3:36pm 
I can sell my poo in a bucket, just because it's a stupid purchase doesn't make it illegal.
IWillByte May 14 @ 8:57pm 
Locklave, if you misrepresent your product, many countries will consider that illegal. I feel that they misrepresented their product I and I demand a refund.

Edit: http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/misrepresentation
Last edited by IWillByte; May 14 @ 8:58pm
Solo Solitaire (Banned) May 14 @ 9:00pm 
Poo in a bucket would probably be more useful, you could at least fertilize your garden with it. I've found no fun to be had in playing Towns.
Zs4sZB0t May 18 @ 9:05am 
Originally posted by graspee 2m to GFWL Apocalypse:
It's funny to read this other thread on Legends of Pegasus:
http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2872947
The OP in that thread reminds me of so many people in the Castle Story forums making excuses for the devs.
Excuse me, but when I try to open your link it just shows me "Invalid URL" - perhaps because the LoP steam page was already taken down.
Originally posted by Zs4sZB0t:
Originally posted by graspee 2m to GFWL Apocalypse:
It's funny to read this other thread on Legends of Pegasus:
http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2872947
The OP in that thread reminds me of so many people in the Castle Story forums making excuses for the devs.
Excuse me, but when I try to open your link it just shows me "Invalid URL" - perhaps because the LoP steam page was already taken down.

The LoP forums are here: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1502

I don't know where that thread went.

oh:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2872947

Steampowered works, steamgames doesn't.
Last edited by Time And Roguelike Dimensions; May 18 @ 9:44am
Grimcreaper May 19 @ 2:07pm 
Originally posted by Songbird:
Depending on the country you live in, steam is entirely illegal and you can pretty much refund every penny you spent here.

Actually, if its illegal then you cant legally make purchases on it and doing do is punishable by law. Therefor if you try and get a refund, your likely to be jailed. lol.
my•glass•eye May 20 @ 1:10am 
Really not sure why this unfinished, unsupported, dead-end game is still being sold.
Solo Solitaire (Banned) May 20 @ 1:53am 
Originally posted by my•glass•eye:
Really not sure why this unfinished, unsupported, dead-end game is still being sold.
It's because it's made millions of dollars.
SYSS Mouse May 30 @ 3:30pm 
Yes it is technically legal for Steam to still selling it, BUT depending on where are you live, Steam might be liable for false advertising.
Compare Towns to Air Control and notice Air Control is still being sold on Steam.

Now look at Age of Booty, a title where the cd key steam gives you isn't accepted by Securom so you can't even start the game. Multiple people have contacted support about it and yet they still sell the game on steam.

Towns is a working game that can be fun. There's no way in heck steam will remove it.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50