Posted: December 4, 2014
Best engine for indie developers, presently cheapest plan, small lack of documentation that is overshadowed by a sprawling community at the forums and ever growing online documentation with examples etc... I highly recommend this engine to any new developer with limited funds. Engine is shipped with already done FPS, those include animations, textures, meshes, sounds, GUI systems, and many more. From FPS to RPG to RTS.... there is a small jump for skilled programmer.
From all engines that are reasonably available for developer teams (or single dev - like me), this one is:
- cheapest option by far, for only 10 eur per month you get access to considerable C++ source, and ability to publish any game during that time with 0 royalties or hidden costs!
- greatly tuned to be usable with minimal change (out of the box look is matchless)
- access to C++ source code (to a level 95% programmers would ever need) (you can get whole source contacting them for a contract)
- Extremely powerful Sandbox software, where map and content creating (mannequin, flowgraphs...) is best in its class, all done with 0 need in programming. (People have made RPGs with flowgraphs alone)
- Streamlined communication between C++, lua scripting, xml, flash.
- Scaleform GUI (basically you can make a GUI -or whatever you want- in flash, and then -extremely easily- import it ingame)
- Flowgraphs, intuitive system of rapidly designing game logic (in a few min you can make a regular FPS on a empty map: spawning, enemy spawning, camera, sounds, notifications...etc)
- Engine is designed, for small to huge teams, just look at the dev teams that use this engine and are still in development, for instnance games like : Kingdom Come: Deliverance, Star Citizen, Ryse, Evolve and many many more..
- Most importantly. engine is regulary updated, its imbued with new technology (recent deal with AMD and MANTLET integration)...etc!