We are currently working on a huge FREE update to Zombie Driver HD which includes a lot of big improvements to the game.
- more than doubled the number of zombies roaming the streets,
- a lot more weapons around the city which results in much more dynamic gameplay,
- a new "Retro" camera setting which presents gameplay from an entirely top-down perspective with no camera rotation,
- bloody skidmarks when driving through blood splats
- dust particles are emitted when a car is drifting
- soft ambient occlusion shadows (HBAO),
- depth fog,
- environment reflections,
- new animated objects,
- improved particle animation and physically simulated particles,
- improved atmospheric effects and rebalanced all missions,
We have just released the update as a public beta and it would be great if you could help us spot any problems before we make it live for everyone. If you want to check out the update right click on Zombie Driver HD in your list of games on Steam, select Properties, go to the Beta tab and select the Public Beta from the drop down menu. The update should download approximately 1.1GB (we've changed a lot of stuff).
The new update enables HBAO by default (it is called Screen Space Ambient Occlusion in the config window). This option may be hard on some older or integrated graphics cards so if you are experiencing performance problems please disable it in the config screen or decrease your rendering resolution (the rendering performance cost of this feature is directly tied to the screen resolution). We also strongly encourage everyone to leave Vsync turned on.
If you would encounter any crashes or problems it would help us greatly if you could send us the debug information that should be created with each crash. You can find crash dump information here (Exact location depends on which windows version you have and may be slightly different.):
Memory dump file name should be similar to this:
Please send the files and your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would very much appreciate your help in smoothing out any problems!