The Journey Down: Chapter One

View Stats:
平然な Aug 25, 2014 @ 5:52am
chapter 3-4
with chapter 2 being released today or tomorrow, i wonder how far are you guys with the developement of the other chapters?

is there any chance that chapter 3 comes out this year?
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Axe Cop Aug 25, 2014 @ 9:22am 
Originally posted by appomo:
with chapter 2 being released today or tomorrow, i wonder how far are you guys with the developement of the other chapters?

is there any chance that chapter 3 comes out this year?
hahahaha this must be a joke? lol Episode will be out ether 2015 or 2016
平然な Aug 25, 2014 @ 9:38am 
Originally posted by Axe Cop:
Originally posted by appomo:
with chapter 2 being released today or tomorrow, i wonder how far are you guys with the developement of the other chapters?

is there any chance that chapter 3 comes out this year?
hahahaha this must be a joke? lol Episode will be out ether 2015 or 2016
maybe they use the same assets for the episodes which they did for 2. in that case the production time would be shortened. i know that it took ages for them to complete episode two :)
Last edited by 平然な; Aug 25, 2014 @ 9:39am
theowaern  [developer] Aug 25, 2014 @ 11:01am 
Reusing assets ain't our gig. We want original environments and original characters, all the way. It's a ton more fun to play and a ton more fun to develop! This is why TJD3 indeed won't be out this year. I like to think however that with all the experience gained from developing 1 and 2 our chances of having an efficient development period are a lot better now than they've been previously.

I'd just like to point out that TJD is a trilogy. There is no fourth chapter. This was an edit we made almost two years ago, we just haven't been very good at informing people about it.
平然な Aug 25, 2014 @ 11:11am 
Originally posted by theowaern:
Reusing assets ain't our gig. We want original environments and original characters, all the way. It's a ton more fun to play and a ton more fun to develop! This is why TJD3 indeed won't be out this year. I like to think however that with all the experience gained from developing 1 and 2 our chances of having an efficient development period are a lot better now than they've been previously.

I'd just like to point out that TJD is a trilogy. There is no fourth chapter. This was an edit we made almost two years ago, we just haven't been very good at informing people about it.
thx for the info. read it somewhere recentlly that it should be 4 episodes. as long as you manage to put everything into 3 it should be fine. cant wait for the 2th to be released.
when will the code for the preorder be avaiable?
flesk Aug 25, 2014 @ 2:15pm 
Originally posted by theowaern:
Reusing assets ain't our gig. We want original environments and original characters, all the way. It's a ton more fun to play and a ton more fun to develop! This is why TJD3 indeed won't be out this year. I like to think however that with all the experience gained from developing 1 and 2 our chances of having an efficient development period are a lot better now than they've been previously.

I'd just like to point out that TJD is a trilogy. There is no fourth chapter. This was an edit we made almost two years ago, we just haven't been very good at informing people about it.

Yeah, I didn't know there wouldn't be a fourth chapter until I saw your tweet yesterday explaining that decision.
theowaern  [developer] Aug 25, 2014 @ 3:42pm 
We've dona really poor job informing people about this three-chapter decision. You'll still se major websites cover the game and talk about how it's supposed to be four episodes. I think that's what the wiki article states and I guess that's where people are getting it from. heh.
krbri Aug 25, 2014 @ 10:09pm 
This might be pre-mature, but you can't stop at three ... I mean ... another story line maybe? Another similar game? Also, will you continue to use the same game system for these kind of games?
flesk Aug 26, 2014 @ 1:34am 
Originally posted by theowaern:
We've dona really poor job informing people about this three-chapter decision. You'll still se major websites cover the game and talk about how it's supposed to be four episodes. I think that's what the wiki article states and I guess that's where people are getting it from. heh.

Anyone can edit a Wikipedia article though. ;)
平然な Aug 26, 2014 @ 1:37am 
Originally posted by flesk:
Originally posted by theowaern:
We've dona really poor job informing people about this three-chapter decision. You'll still se major websites cover the game and talk about how it's supposed to be four episodes. I think that's what the wiki article states and I guess that's where people are getting it from. heh.

Anyone can edit a Wikipedia article though. ;)
then fix it!
flesk Aug 26, 2014 @ 1:41am 
Originally posted by appomo:
Originally posted by flesk:

Anyone can edit a Wikipedia article though. ;)
then fix it!

I have.
平然な Aug 26, 2014 @ 1:41am 
Originally posted by flesk:
Originally posted by appomo:
then fix it!

I have.
good boy pat,pat,pat :3
Last edited by 平然な; Aug 26, 2014 @ 1:42am
flesk Aug 26, 2014 @ 1:58am 
My point though was that most of us didn't know that there would only be three chapters until a couple of days ago. The developers have known about it for a couple of years by their own admittance, and so have had plenty of time to change that Wikipedia article before it became "common knowledge" that The Journey Down will have four chapters.
theowaern  [developer] Aug 26, 2014 @ 2:17am 
Last time we tried editing an article about one of our games, we got wikipeda-control-freaks attacking us saying we we're only typing there to promote our game and they removed our edits. Since then I've ignored editing wiki articles about our games.

Thanks for fixing it, flesk! :D It was certainly about time.
flesk Aug 26, 2014 @ 3:10am 
Oh, I didn't know about that. Seems to me like a better course of action by them would have been to consider the factual contents of your edits instead of just dismissing them altogether.

No problem. ;)
Nasalathotep Aug 26, 2014 @ 1:34pm 
Originally posted by theowaern:
Last time we tried editing an article about one of our games, we got wikipeda-control-freaks attacking us saying we we're only typing there to promote our game and they removed our edits. Since then I've ignored editing wiki articles about our games.

Thanks for fixing it, flesk! :D It was certainly about time.

Them Internets!
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50